Episode 3

Reggie paced around the garage and massaged his forehead. He felt like pulling his hair out. " Why can't I remember anything?" He murmured. "And why is it so hot in here?" Reggie was panicking. He felt like his life before he zapped into Julie's Garage one day was a blur. He couldn't remember his parent's names. His sibling's names. Their faces. Nothing. Reggie rubbed his temples and scratched his head.

"Okay, maybe I'm dreaming." He crashed into Luke's couch and closed his eyes. He read somewhere that if you go to sleep in a dream it wakes you up. Reggie forced his eyes closed, cupping his hands over his eyes.

"imsleepingimsleepingimsleepingimsleeping" he chanted. They didn't work very well, however. He opened his eyes and sat up straight and sighed.

"What do I remember?" He thought out loud. He remembered Vera, the girl from the Dirty Candy rehearsal. And he remembered seeing the store that his house was turned into.

"That's it..." Reggie murmured. "The store!" He ran out of the garage at full speed. "Wait.. I can just poof out..."

Reggie looked at the bike shack that was once his house. He didn't remember what the house looked like, or what memories he had there, but knowing his house was there made his blood boil. Behind the bike shack was a small shop. It was a dollar store, one that you could buy all sorts of trinkets from. Reggie poofed into the shop and was amazed by what he saw. There was a box full of crystals, hangers lining the wall with jackets and necklaces, and a spinning table of rings. There was a small bakery in the front and helium balloons in the air. In the back corner was a collage of old pictures, titled "Building History." Reggie ran over to the corner and ran his finger over the pictures. They were dusty. He drew a little heart in the dust of one of the pictures. Reggie paused and brushed the dust off of the picture.

He saw himself. Himself and his mom and dad. Suddenly the memories flooded back- his life flashed before his eyes. At that moment, Vera walked into the store. Reggie walked up behind Vera and watched as she picked out a shimmery orange jacket. She picked up a necklace and went to the counter promptly.

"Vera. Peters. Didn't know you moved back here!" The cashier cheered.

"Vera Peters..." Reggie said, gasping. "No, Peters is a really common last name."

"Did you know that your folks used to live in this very building?" the cashier explained.

"Really?" Vera said sarcastically. "I totally didn't know..."

"Oh, here." the cashier said, pulling out a CD. "A demo from your uncle's old band." Vera reluctantly looked at it, and Reggie peered over the register. It was a Sunset Curve CD.

"No thanks, um... yeah. I never even met him, and I only brought enough money for the clothes." Vera said, getting out her money.

"Oh, It's on the house." the cashier forcefully put the CD in her bag.

"Thanks!" Vera said, turning back around. Reggie's mind was blown.

"SHE'S MY NEICE?" He whisper-shouted. He watched as Vera put the Sunset Curve CD back on the shelf.

He followed Vera out of the store and ran behind her.
"Hey, so, Vera, you're like, 16 right?" Reggie asked. Vera didn't respond, of course. "Cool, so you were born in 2004? I was born in 1977, so my brother would be like, 40. WOW. Hope he didn't end up like Bobby." Vera walked into Eats and Beats (the "Finally Free" cafe) and sat down. She ordered a lemonade and croissant.

"So, Vera. You're family, right?" Reggie asked as Vera smoothed out her hair. "And family doesn't keep secrets. Or at least that's what people tell me."