Episode 6

Reggie ran after Vera with all his ghost strength. "VERA! PLEASE! LET ME EXPLAIN!" He hollered.

"WHAT IS THERE TO EXPLAIN?" She screamed back. "MY DEAD UNCLE IS BACK FROM THE... WELL, DEAD!" She squinted. "AND YOU'RE SO YOUNG?"

"I'M STILL DEAD!"

"SO I'M HALLUCINATING?" Vera looked down at her arms and pinched herself. "AM I CRAZY?"

"No, no, Vera!" Reggie inched closer, and Vera backed away. "Please, just let me talk to you."

"NO." Vera darted away, Reggie poofed in front of her.
"WHAT IS HAPPENING?" Vera dashed the other way, but Reggie was always one step ahead of her. Vera panted, in a wreck.

"I am not going to hurt you." Reggie said. "Take a moment to breathe." Vera listened and wiped her tears. She slowed her pulse down and gulped.

"Okay. What do you have to say to me?"

"I'm a ghost. Now before you run away again, I've been watching you and following you and talking to you. And you always calm me down. I just wanted to say thank you."

"You're... welcome?"

"I know you still think you're going insane." Reggie said. "But... have you ever heard of Julie and the Phantoms?"

"Yeah, never seen a performance though. They're supposed to be good." Vera said. "What does this have to do with you?"

"I'm their bassist." He said. "Me and my friends, we play for Julie and we make music just like you!"

"Julie and the phantoms..." Vera realized. "You're a ghost band?"

"Pretty much." Reggie replied.

"Wow." Vera sat beside Reggie. "And I thought Dirty Candy was weird."

"Where is Reggie?" Luke panicked. "He has to sing the duet with me at Eats and Beats." Alex paced around the room.

"He'll be back in time, he'll be back." It was 15 minutes before they had to be there.

"I'll go look for him." Luke lied, running out of the garage.

"HEY!" Alex yelled. But he was already gone.

Luke ran to Nick's house- he found his address in his binder. He poofed into the building and ran to Nick's room. He had to find out what that bottle and book was, the ones he saw in Julie's school. He sifted through Nick's school bag. Nothing. He opened drawers and combed through bookshelves, but found nothing of importance. He went into Nick's closet and checked all his bins, but nothing caught Luke's eye. He pulled out a book that looked cool in defeat, and opened it to see that there were no pages- it was a safe disguised as a book. The safe had an in-built padlock, a 5-number code. The numbers were from 1 to 26, so Luke assumed each number stood for a letter of the alphabet.

"Alright, let's brainstorm words. Maybe... creep?" He typed in the word. 3, 18, 5, 5, 16. It didn't work.

"Okay, maybe a name. Reggie? No, that's six letters. Julie?" He lingered on that thought. He hoped the lock wasn't Julie, but he had to try it. 10, 21, 12, 9, 5. The lock slid open to Luke's despair. Nick did like Julie. Luke pushed that thought aside to see that in the box was the brown-tinted vial and a piece of paper. It had a skull sticker on it, and the bottle was filled up halfway. Luke didn't know what was in the bottle, but he knew it wasn't good. He pulled out the paper and found it was blank, with only the title on the top. The header simply said " Plan."

"Maybe it was written in invisible ink..." Luke murmured. He searched the desk again for school supplies but didn't find any UV lights. He took out his flip phone (he decided to go simple) and called Julie.