1

Diamond Brown

The brownskinned woman smiled big as she walked out of the building. Her natural curly black hair hung free and stopped a bit past her shoulders.

She held the paper and bag in her hand as her friends pulled up. She smiled as they hopped out of the car and ran to her. The setting sun beamed down on her. The sky was pink, purple and blue.

There was not a single cloud in the sky.

"My nigga." Demetrius smiled dapping her up and pulling her into a hug.

"I missed youuu." Laila wiped her tears before opening her arms and hugging her friend.

Diamond chuckled. "They done turnt yo ass out in there?" William chuckled dapping her up.

She greeted everyone else before she got in the car. "Ian gay man. It was a whole lotta studs in there but the storm never got that bad." She shook her head causing her friends to laugh.

Diamond had just completed a 9 year sentence in prison for a number of crimes.

After being convicted of theft , aggravated assault and drug possession she should have been looking at at least 15 years but with the lawyer she had blown so much money on, she was originally sentenced 12 years but she got out early for good behavior.

But she had committed more crimes than she was charged for.

She committed all these crimes at 15 but her case took so long and she was finally sentenced when she was just 16 years old.

The whole situation was fucked up but diamond pleaded guilty.

She was guilty after all. She was young and dumb and she was evil at her age.

She always had drugs on her due to the people she hung out with. She was high on a pill one day and it clouded her judgement but diamond knew she would've did the same shit sober.

Diamond had always had anger issues since she was a little girl but that was no excuse for what she did.

Flashback

"Yeah fuck them Crip niggas." Diamond joked before she laughed with symone.

The girls stood in the ice cream shop located on the west side of Atlanta Georgia. In Oakland city.

"Aye ain't that them bitches that was talking shit. The bitches that was with ty and nem." Symones eyes widened as she pointed at the girls.

"Where." Diamond furrowed her eyebrows. She turned around and locked eyes with the one girl and one nigga.

"Yeah. Yeah." Diamond nodded and symone and her shared a laugh.

The man began throwing up gang signs when he seen them. Symone threw up a few signs before diamond spoke. "fuck Crip nigga. And fuck ya mama." She spoke.

"Leave my shop please!"

The teens made their way out of the shop with ice cream in hand.

They shouted across the way at each other before ice cream began flying.

Soon a few men ran up and instantly took off on the man with the one girl.

"Run up on that bitch and imma jump in." She whispered to symone and symone took off on the girl.

Now The girl cried and begged for her life as symone beat on her and diamond kicked her side. Diamond lifted the girl by her hair and snatched her chain before lifting the boys pocket knife and cutting the girls leg.

She screamed in pain as Symone stood up. "yeah bitch." Symone spoke. Diamond spat on the girl before bullets sounded.

Next thing she knew , she was leaning on the door of the ice cream shop holding her leaking stomach with sweat and tears running down her face.

Symone laid on the floor with a bullet in her head. The girl laid there unconscious as sirens blared.

Present

The girl actually suffered severe injuries which is what caused diamonds sentence. It was almost considered an attempted homicide at one point.

"Let's turn up. Where you tryna go diamond?" Drew asked. "home. Take me to my mama house." She spoke.

The car went silent.

"What?" She asked.

"umm your actually staying with me. Your mom doesn't mind seeing you but she don't want you living with her anymore." Laila explained.

"Coo." Diamond mumbled. "I won't be there long. I just need to get a job and get back up on my feet. I had sum put up money so I'll be out soon."

Yall I fr love this book so much 😭 hope yall like it too. Lmk what yall think. It's completed but I'm dropping slowly idk. But fr comment and lmk what yall think 🌚