The real 31

Diamond Clark
+8 months

Diamond was in the dressing room as she stared in the mirror. She couldn't believe she was getting married.

All her cousins had showed up for her wedding. When they were little girls they had made an agreement that they would all be bridesmaids in each other's weddings and although diamond was locked up for 2 of those weddings, they still showed up for her.

Her cousin was helping her into her shoes since she had a large dilemma stopping her from reaching down and putting her heels on.

That dilemma would happen to be the babies that had been growing inside of her for 7 months.

Her cousin finished and her mother spoke. "You look so beautiful." She kissed her cheek and diamond smiled weakly as she placed a hand on her belly.

Soon her cousins all headed out and then she headed out with her father. He was whispering to her as they made their way to the church.

When they arrived she heard music play and her heart beat fast as her hands grew sweaty.

"Daddy I'm so scared." She mumbled. "For what? You pregnant by this nigga diamond, clearly you ain't that scared." He mumbled and she shook her head because it was different than that.

Soon they walked down the aisle as music played.

People stood and recorded and it made Diamond nervous. She seen Marcus watching her and her hands trembled a bit.

He watched her with a smile. When they reached the altar , her father walked off.

She seen Marcus eyes turn glossy which made hers just as glossy. She lowered her head as the pastor began to speak.

Soon they were down to the vows and it was Marcus turn.

"Diamond....i didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you with my eyes wide open choosing to..." he cut himself off and looked up.

A tear fell down her face as the pastor spoke. "Take ya time."

Soon he spoke. "Choosing to take every step along the way. I believe in fate and destiny and I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds. And in any version of reality.. I promise to find you in every lifetime. I love you diamond." He spoke as he wiped his tears.

Soon they exchanged a few more words before the final words were spoken.

"I do."

"I now pronounce you two, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." He spoke and Marcus removed diamond veil before kissing her lips.

•••••••••••••••

Diamond and marcus stood in the venue cleaning up with their parents. It was midnight and they were going to Texas after this.

They had a home in Texas now and this would be their first night staying there at their home. They had moved all their things to Texas and unpacked but they just had a few more boxes to unpack including the bags that they would take on to the flight. After the wedding they would leave Atlanta to start their new life together.

"What time yall flight leave? And why do you have your wife cleaning up? Are you trying to send her into labor early?" His mother spoke.

"Mama she wanted to help. I told her. Our flight leaves at 2:30." He spoke and her eyes widened.

"Y'all gotta go. Before yall miss yall flight. We'll have the things you want shipped down to yall. Y'all need to go." She urged the two.

"Mama calm down." Marcus spoke. "Calm down? Yall need to go." She spoke.

"Okay." Diamond threw her hands up. "Are you ready?" She asked.

He nodded his head."bye mama." He hugged her and she hugged both of them.

"Love you guys. Be safe. Call." She spoke. They nodded as diamonds mother also walked up.

They hugged her as well and said their goodbyes to everyone else before heading out and taking an Uber to the airport.

She sat in the backseat holding Marcus' hand. They had both changed into some more comfortable clothes.

They sat in the backseat talking to each other. "I can't believe we are actually married now. This is so crazy." She spoke as he kissed her hand.

"Yeah. Same here. Ian gon miss Atlanta. You?" He asked. "Nope." She shook her head.

"You two marry today?" The driver who clearly barely spoke English spoke with a smile. "Yes." They spoke in unison.

"Congratulations." He spoke.