6

Diamond Brown
+6 weeks

Diamond sat in the back of the church building listening to the pastor. She had attended this church when she was a little girl. All the way up until she went to prison.

Soon everyone stood up. The pastor said a quick prayer as music played lowly in the background.

Soon everyone clapped and began to leave. Diamond grabbed her bible and her phone before walking out of the building.

"THERE SHE IS."

Diamond turned around and she was shocked to see an older lady being held back.

Diamond furrowed her eyebrows before she realized that the lady was trying to get to diamond.

People stopped and seen what the commotion was about. "YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER. SHE KILLED HERSELF BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID TO HER. YOUR A MURDERER." She screamed.

Diamonds heart beat out of her chest and she turned around. She continued walking. "SHE NEEDS TO BE IN JAIL LONGER."

Diamond continued to her car and she sighed as soon as she hopped in.

She pulled off and headed home. She didn't want to think about what just happened.

She was wrong and she knew it but she was embarrassed. She had already done time for her crime and she just hoped they wouldn't try to take her to court again since she could technically be charged with murder since she was really the one that drove the girl to commit suicide.

She was trying to be a better person. She was trying so hard but her past wouldn't leave her alone.

She couldn't leave it no matter how hard she tried. She even wanted to move out of Atlanta and to somewhere better like Texas or something.

She was working hard and saving up so that she'd be able to move when her lease was up next year.

She headed to her apartment just as it started raining. She headed inside of her house and let Howie out of the cage. He jumped on her and she struggled to continue standing since he was a bit over 100 pounds.

"Hey boy." She rubbed his head after locking her door.

He attempted to lick her face but she stopped him. She took a quick shower and changed into sweatpants and a shirt.

"Wanna go to the dog park?" She smiled at her dog. "Wanna go for a walk?" She asked and he barked as he wagged his short tail.

She just pulled her curly hair back into a ponytail before slipping her shoes on and grabbing her keys and leash.

"Sit." She told Howie before he did as told. She connected the leash to his shock collar.

She agreed that a shock collar was a bit cruel but she had never had to use it on him. She just wanted to be extra sure that she would be able to protect herself in case Howie turned on her one day. He was a big dog and he could hurt diamond if he wanted to which was why she purchased the collar.

She stood up and headed outside and locked the door. She headed downstairs where men were again.

"Damn what kinda dog that is?"

"He's a bull dog and borebel mix." She explained. "he big as Fuck." She heard as she continued to walk to her car.

She unlocked the door and let Howie in the backseat.

He laid down as she hopped in the front seat.

••••••••••••

Diamond had ran into Steven at the dog park. He was alone with his dog. Now the two sat down talking as the dogs ran around.

Stevens cane Corso ran around but Howie sat right between diamonds legs as he caught his breath.

"I actually hate Atlanta. Maybe it's just my life and where I live but it's so sad here. I'm sure that's just me because downtown looks so happy." She explained.

"Nah I feel you. Downtown boring in the day time too tho." He explained.

"So where you lived at before Atlanta?" He asked. "Nowhere. I've always been in Atlanta." She spoke.

"Really? Ya folks told me you just moved here. That's why Ian never seen you." He explained.

"Oh really? That's what they told you?" She chuckled. "yeah what's funny?" He asked.

"Nothing." She shook her head.

"Nah what is it?" He asked. "nothing." She shrugged.