Chapter 4 The Truth

Chapter 4

The Truth

Filipino and algebra passed without me noticing it. I was so taken by my thoughts about what happened.

They went to the Dance Studio for their Mapeh. I guess it’s their P.E. that’s why they went down. Only the Rondalla and Glee Club members were left in the room. Just like the Rondalla club members the Glee club members are also exempted from Mapeh.

I arranged my things and sat down. I want to know why? Why are they doing this to me? I thought about confronting Sheila, asking her about that. But I don’t know what to do after I learn the truth. I know it will be painful. I just don’t know if I can be strong enough.

            I decided to confront her. I am not weak I can take it. I took a seat beside Sheila and thought about how I am going to ask her.

            I can dramatically start with ‘You know they hate me! Why?’ plus tears and it will be dramatic. Like a play on stage with intense scenes. I laugh at the thought.

Or, I can start calmly with ‘They don’t like me. You know why. I know you do please tell me’. That can perfect. It’s just like taking a conversation that isn’t so theatrical.

“Can you tell me why? Why they don’t like me? I know that you know why. Please tell me.” That wasn’t the plan but I suppose it’s close to what I planned.

“What?” she said sounding confused.

I told her the story. Ever thing, including their attitude every T.L. E.  All she can say was “Ahh.”

“Please tell me why? I know you know why,” I pleaded.

“Umm…”

“It’s okay I will not be angry. Promise.” I will be in pain not anger. I wanted to add.

“Okay. I’ll tell you. It’s because they don’t like a certain attitude of yours. We’ve talked about it a lot and that’s what their saying.”

What attitude? I was nice to them. I blend in. “How can they judge me? Is it because I am not as hyper as they are?”

“Maybe. I am going to arrange my things. I’ll get going.”

I nodded.

I froze in my seat. It seems like I cannot move. The pain was holding me and burning my heart. I was nice to them. Is it because I’m not as hyper as they are? Why?

I was frozen until someone talked to me. Someone who seems to care.

“Why such a long face?” He asked. I looked up to see who it was. It was my crush, Ethan Campbell .

I stared at his beautiful blue eyes and that seemed to cheer me up, for a while. “It’s nothing.”

“You can talk to me, you know. I am your friend.”

“Sure, I call you if I want to talk.”I tried to smile. But I know this is not going to convince him.

He nodded and went to his seat to arrange his things.

He cares. The thought of that comforted me for a while but the pain was so much stronger. I went to Rondalla class and my Spanish lesson---My parents enrolled me to that extra lesson so that I can learn Spanish—with a lot of what if’s n my mind.

“Que pasa si?”