Chapter 5 The Dream

Chapter 5

The Dream

Where am I? I asked as I walked towards the darkness.

            It so dark in here. Where is the light? It’s like it has no end. Where am I?

            I wondered over and over the darkness until I realized I’m in some kind of tunnel. But where is the end. Normally there is an end to a tunnel. Where is it? I asked as I wondered further. As I wondered further I saw the light. I walked right into that direction and ended up at a familiar place.

            I am at school and I recognize this way, the path to my classroom. I am wearing my school uniform, too, except that there is something different about it. It is so much more…glamorous or you could say fabulous.

            I walked towards the path and in my way I saw familiar faces but I don’t remember who they are.

            “Hi, Allie,” they said.

            “How was the party?” The black haired one asked.

            Party? What party? Have I attended any party? “Fine,” I answered. That was unexpected. I was still deliberating if I had attended a party or not but my body acted on its own.

            “Hope you enjoyed it.” The Brown haired one said as they walked away.

            I continued walking as if nothing happened but still don’t know if I attended a party. Who cares! I decided to ignore it after all.

            I reached my classroom and another unexpected happened. I said to the whole class, “Good Morning Classmates!” What is happening to me?

            I was in deep thought about that throughout Biology. In English I was so surprised when I danced in front of the class with a dance I don’t even recognize. I am not good in dancing modern dances that’s why I don’t usually dance it unless it’s really needed but today it’s like I am not shy anymore.

            At lunch time I went to sit beside Ethan. Maybe he knows what’s going on. I looked at his face and he seemed irritated.

            “Are you here to insult me again? If you are the please leave me alone.”

            What insult? I don’t remember a thing.”What?”

            “So, you’re pretending nothing happened at that party yesterday. You can’t pretend because almost everyone was there so stop it. It’s irritating me.” His voice was cold as ice and hard as stone.

            Again that party. Still I don’t remember that I attended any party let alone I insulted him. I want to say I’m sorry for what I’ve done but instead I said “Fine, “Again.

After hours of deep thought I realized was happening. I changed because of them. I became one of them or more. I saw some of my classmates glowering at me. Apparently not everyone is happy about my changing. It looks like some of them became angry. Is it worth it?

            Suddenly I could feel a heat pulsing through me. It burned me so much. I was in pain. I realized that someone was staring angrily at me. I looked to find who it was but found no one. The heat continued to burn. Then I screamed in pain. I screamed to reality.