Chapter 18: Gordon's New Hill

Gordon is an LNER A1 Pacific. He pulls the stopping express on Paradise Island. He loves going up hills and over bridges. He has done it for almost 75 years, and still pulls it right on time!

One day, Gordon was pulling the express as usual, but today, it was a bit heavier. He soon reached the hill. He charged up it, but the weight of the coaches started to slow him down. He was soon, stuck on it. "BOTHER!" he groaned. Edward came to help, and he did so just like on Sodor.

That night, the other engines teased Gordon about it. "Gordon got stuck on a hill again!?" asked Thomas, "What is it with him and hills?" "What do you mean?" asked Penny. "Well, on Sodor," said Thomas, "there was this hill that Gordon kept getting stuck on at times, and so, we decided to name it 'Gordon's Hill'!" Everyone laughed. Gordon just rolled his eyes and went to sleep.

The next morning, Gordon felt tired and decided to ask to pull the local, while James took the express. Gordon was taking his time, and loved the slower pace today. The local today was a bit heavy. Gordon then approached the hill, and he started to go slower. And slower. And slower, until, he was stuck again. Edward came to help once more, and he managed just fine.

For the rest of the week, Gordon kept getting stuck on the hill, no matter what train he pulled. And just like always, Edward helped him up. So, it was named 'Gordon's New Hill'. Everyone teased him about it. But it wasn't long before Henry, James, Mallard, and even Dick started getting stuck on the hill. The other engines then decided to stop all together. After that day, there was no more teasing of hills, or getting stuck.