Chapter 62: Company for Bowler

Bowler is a large Class 40 Diesel engine on Paradise Island

Bowler is a large Class 40 Diesel engine on Paradise Island. He is BR Green, and does mixed traffic work around the island. He often takes goods and passengers to the mainline, and he gives a friendly honk to any engine passing by. One night, he had to take a midnight goods train to Euston. There, when he arrived there. When he headed off to rest in the sheds, but couldn't find it in the fog that rolled in that night.

Soon, he found a shed, and looked at it. It was a bit older, and smaller, almost like how it was in the days of steam.

He backed down into the sheds, and his driver said, "We'll keep you here for the night

He backed down into the sheds, and his driver said, "We'll keep you here for the night." Bowler watched as his driver disappeared into the fog. "Why, hello there!" Bowler jumped!! He looked to his left, and saw an old tender engine sitting right next to him. His blue paint covered in soot, face smudged, and dark bags under his eyes.

He looked like he hadn't slept in a long time

He looked like he hadn't slept in a long time. "It's not often I get visitors here." said the engine, in a friendly, but weary tone. Bowler soon found his voice. "I-I-I didn't mean to intrude. My driver and I got lost in the fog." "It's alright," said the engine, "Fog can be very misguiding at times. It can lead you to places that you don't expect. But, it's nice to have company for a change." "Well, thank you," said Bowler. "I must admit, I've been taking the midnight goods for almost two years to this station now, and I haven't seen you around, or this shed." "Well, I'm invisible to most of the other engines who work here." chuckled the old engine. He then eyed Bowler up and down, and said, "Are you a Sodor Engine?" "No, I'm a Paradise Engine. The Sodor Engines now live there." "What happened to Sodor?" Bowler then told the engine all the events that happened to have all of Sodor's engines sold to (Y/N) I. "Oh my," said the old engine, "Sounds like this (Y/N) is a kind lady. I was once a Sodor Engine." Bowler was shocked by this. "It was long ago. I worked at the big station. I just wished I appreciate that I was a part of the Fat Controller's fleet." He paused, and then said, "Is Edward still there?" "Yes, and while he is a bit older, he doesn't let that stop him." "Oh, good!" said the engine, "A fine and kind soul he was. I just wish I was kind in return." Bowler was confused, "What do you mean? What is your name?" The engine yawned, "We'll talk more in the morning. It's getting late. For now, let's get some sleep." The engine closed his eyes peacefully, and Bowler followed suit. 

In his dreams, Bowler saw old engines, lined up for scrap. Everyone of them, pleading to be spared!! But nothing worked. Bowler's eyes then shot open!! He looked around, and saw nothing. "Huh," he said, "It was a bad dream. But, good mor-" He was cut off, by seeing nothing! The engine, and the shed were gone!! His driver came, and he was shocked as well! "Sheds don't just disappear like that!" he said. Bowler's driver climbed on, but stopped when he noticed something next to the tracks. "What's this?" he asked. He picked it up, and said, "It's a number plate: 98462. I wonder what it means?" Bowler then headed off for home, and he would soon have a long conversation with Edward. (End video.)