Chapter 61: Farnsworth's Lesson

Farnsworth was in the roundhouse, and he was complaining about how he was treated. The engines ignored him, but it wasn't working well. Soon, Mallard had an idea. He then asked (Y/N) to bring a certain engine to the island to help Farnsworth.

The next day, (Y/N) came to Farnsworth, and she said, "Farnsworth, I will let you out on a local passenger train, but you are to double head it with another engine." "Why?" asked Farnsworth. "Well, let's just say she will help you greatly." Farnsworth soon arrived at the station, and he saw a Caledonian engine waiting for him.

" Farnsworth soon arrived at the station, and he saw a Caledonian engine waiting for him

"Hello there," said Maude, "You must be Farnsworth." "Yes, and you are?" "Maude. Now come along, the passengers mustn't be late." Farnsworth was coupled up, and (Y/N) said to the diesel, "Maude will be here making sure you behave yourself, and if you do, you will stay. If not, then you will be sent away." "Yes ma'am." Farnsworth looked ahead, and he waited for the guard to blow his whistle. Soon, the two engines were off.

Along the way, Farnsworth was quiet, and didn't make much of a fuss. Soon, up ahead, there was a red flag. The two engines applied their brakes, and stopped, just in time. Farnsworth looked ahead, and saw that Ashima was pulling the goods train. "What do you think you're doing?" he asked. "I'm sorry," said Ashima, "I've broken down. Could you please push me to the next station?" "I, push YOU!?!" Farnsworth then said, "I don't have time for useless engines. I am pulling a fine passenger train, so that fine people can enjoy the view, and-" "FARNSWORTH!!" snapped Maude, "That is no way to act when a fellow engine is in need of help!! Now apologize for your rude comments, and get coupled up to this poor engine's train!!!" "I'm,...... sorry," he said. Farnsworth shut up immediately after that, and coupled up to the brake van. Soon, the strange train was heading down the line. At the next station, Ashima was taken off the train, and Wilbert took it away.

All the way along the mainline, Maude would fuss over any comment that Farnsworth would make. He soon found that it was annoying, and he soon just shut up the rest of the way. Soon, they arrived back at Homestead station. "Now," said Maude, "What have we learned today?" ".....Not to be so boastful," said Farnsworth. "And?" "Help fellow engines in need." "AND?" "No job is more important than the other." "AND?" "..................... We are............. all real engines." "Good," said Maude, "Now, if you ever act up again, I'll be sure to come back." Maude stayed for a few more days helping out on the railway to stretch her wheels. Soon, she left, and Farnsworth was a much quieter and more, humble engine. He made sure never to be arrogant again so that Maude would never come back.