Chapter 4

Takako shook her head, eyes wide. "What the heck was that?" She shuddered in revulsion. "Ugh, he had hairy legs and everything. He could have at least shaved. How did someone like him become a magical girl!"

Nothing remained of the second floor after the magical girl's assault. The entire area had been vaporized. The gang members of Lotus Butcher cowered in terror, fearful the girl might unleash her wrath on them next.

"They're gone, yet I still detect that strange presence." The fairy said, turning his attention towards the frozen Seina. Sweat trickled down her brow, realizing how helpless she was at the moment.

"I feel it too." Takako twirled the guns in her hands in thought. She sent a frosty glare in Seina's direction. "You must be the real magical girl."

I need to do something. If they're evil, I can't fight while frozen. An idea popped into the magical girl's head.

"Hey, can you unfreeze me?" Seina whispered towards Masato, who trembled in terror. "We might be next. She really hated your boss. Who knows what she'll do to his men!" Seina wasn't being entirely truthful, playing on his fears, but she needed to free herself somehow. Much to her relief, the thug nodded.

"I can! Please save me! I don't want to die!" Masato whimpered pathetically before striking Seina in the neck. Much to her relief, movement returned to her body. She released the thug's arm. Her grip had left a nasty purple bruise, leaving Seina a little guilty, promising to be more gentle with normal folk in future. Even if this one had sort of deserved it.

"Why didn't you do that sooner? You could have saved yourself from getting thrown into a cement pit. I would have saved you."

The thug blushed embarrassed, before coughing into his fist. "Didn't occur to me. But hey, now you can defeat that evil magical girl! We had a deal!" Masato ran behind Seina, using her body as a shield.

Takako watched this entire exchange in amusement. "So you're the magical girl of this universe? So lame. You allowed a bunch of thugs to get the better of you!"

"Very lame." Her fairy said, nodding in agreement.

Seina grunted in annoyance, not liking their tone. "Who are you, anyway? What do you want? What do you mean the vampires should be running the planet?"

Takako rolled her eyes, exasperated. "You don't get it? Did your partner not explain anything?"

Seina bunched her hand into a fist and opened her mouth for a nasty retort, but two newcomers paused her words.

"Seina, thank goodness you're okay!" Colten said, landing on her shoulder.

"Sorry we're late. Those thugs gave us more trouble than we expected." Mr. Kiyojiro said. "We saw the strange explosion."

"Seina, who are these people?" Colten gave the new magical girl a wary eye.

"Call me, Lily Annihilator. Just the baddest, most evil magical girl around." Takako spun her weapon around and ended in a stylish pose.

"Nier, partner to her badness!" Her fairy added.

"Why did you defeat the vampires? Explain." Takako asked.

"Because they're bad guys, and it's the right thing to do?" Seina replied. It still shocked her that this girl had proclaimed that magical girls existed to cause suffering. The world was terrible enough already. Why add to it?

"The right thing?" Takako broke into mocking laughter, unable to believe her ears. "Don't tell me you're one of those lame hero types. How embarrassing!"