𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 10 - 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐸𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔

♢

First person pov

_"...I don't want to overwhelm you again, Dolores...

...But can you tell me why you tried killing me?"

That was what I was scared of hearing. Terrified of hearing. But, to my surprise, it wasn't what the boy asked.

_"I don't want to overwhelm you again, Dolores. But what just happened? Did you have a bad dream or something?"-His voice was soft, and he didn't have anything but worry in his eyes. No anger, no suspicion, no disappointment. Nothing. Just pure and genuine care. And I could understand that behavior if it came from anyone else, but it was coming from that boy. Five. He wasn't even drunk anymore. He was supposed to be screaming at me now, for literally almost strangling him to death.

_"Dolores? Are you there?"-He called out my "name" again since I didn't answer, as I was too busy trying to decipher the boy.

_"...I'm okay."-My voice was faint, hoarse, like I had no strength in my body.

_"Then...care to explain?"-He slowly lifted my head, by grabbing my chin in between his fingers gently. He let me go right after our eyes met.

_"I...don't know what happened. I saw those images, they were like memories but I don't remember ever having them, and I heard screams and voices, I-"-As soon as I opened my mouth, all the information just flooded out of me non-stop. I didn't know why I was telling him that, but I felt like I would explode if I didn't.

_"Hey, hey, slow down. You're gonna freak yourself out again. Do you think it was a nightmare? You were asleep, weren't you?"-As much as I'd like to believe that, I couldn't. I was very much awake when those visions passed through my mind.

But what the boy said made me realize something. He thought I was asleep. So he didn't wake up because of me choking him. He woke up by my cries of confusion. He didn't catch me trying to murder him.

But...I thought he grabbed my wrist then?

_"Maybe...probably. I'm sorry, I woke you up."-I spoke, slowly moving away from his arms that still wrapped around me. It was starting to make me feel weird.

_"It's...fine. I think I had a bad dream, too."-I watched as the boy looked down, brows furrowed, and his hand slowly raised itself to his neck, massaging it.

He thought it was a dream.

Our small "conversation" was interrupted by the sound of a door opening, making us both raise our gazes to the only entrance to the room. A bulky figure started walking in our direction, going down the stairs. It was Luther, of course.

_"You two okay? You're not drunk anymore, are you? Cause we need to talk."-Luther said, pulling a chair for him to sit in front of us.

Five adjusted himself on the bed, so his feet touched the floor, while I kept my distance from him. I was still a bit apprehensive of my state of mind.