𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 24 - 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

♢

First person pov

After Diego woke up and heard Five's question, he immediately got up when he remembered what he was doing before passing out. It was funny to me how fast he got into alert mode.

_"Where is he?"-He asked, regarding Hazel who had left just a few minutes before.

_"I let him go."-Five answered, unbothered by the glare he received.

_"You what?"

_"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop."-Diego only glared for a few more seconds, before grabbing his knife on the floor and turning to leave with angry steps.

_"Hey! He didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did."-Five tried stopping him, but his brother turned to look at the boy with even less patience.

_"So what? They were both there that night."

_"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene. Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on."-Five tried reasoning with his brother again, while he stared at the guns on top of the counter. I really didn't want to get yelled at by the "emotionally stunted man-child", so I kept my mouth shut.

_"Not a chance."-Of course, he didn't listen to Five.

_"Suit yourself."-Five leaned his back on the counter again, sighing in defeat.

There was a few seconds of silence in the room. Diego didn't try to leave again as he was still staring at the guns, but he would probably go soon. He wasn't convinced by Five's words yet.

_"I am curious. Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?"-Five broke the silence with a confusing question. It confused me even more that he first looked at me while asking it, as it was directed at Diego.

_"...A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs."

_"Are you fucking kidding me?"-I muttered out, pinching the bridge of my nose out of disappointment with the answer. I concluded that Diego was, in fact, really stupid.

_"Anything a little more profound than that?"-Five had a poker face. He probably thought something similar to me.

_"...She believe in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside."-Seemed like your typical good cop personality. Not that that's bad, I suppose.

_"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory."-That sarcastic statement was what made Diego really think. I could see by the expression he made that he was reflecting on his decision, which was great. It would be better for all of them, and me as well, if we all kept ourselves away from the Commission.