𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 12 - 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁

♢

First person pov

_"You know, I never enjoyed it."-Five spoke, after our very silent road trip to the literal middle of nowhere. Me, Luther and him were there in courtesy to his plan, that he explained briefly on the car ride.

He sent a letter to Hazel and Cha-cha, somehow, saying that we had their briefcase. Which was obviously a lie, since Klaus destroyed it, but Five needed to attract them so he could have a chat with The Handler.

Yes, her.

For some reason, he didn't tell us what exactly he was going to say to her, or how that would help in saving the world from the apocalypse. All I hoped for was that The Handler didn't accidentally blow my cover while they had their little meeting. I also hoped that she didn't question the advancement in my relationship with Five. I mean, I think he hated me less now, and he got himself vulnerable around me more than once.

But if she knew that, she would ask why I haven't killed him yet.

_"What?"-I tuned back to real life when I heard Luther's voice.

_"The killing. I mean, I was...I was good at my work, and I...I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure. I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."-Well, I couldn't relate to that. The killings I've done, if I remember correctly, did bring me a feeling of pleasure. I mainly worked with complete assholes, so being content about their deaths wasn't hard. And again, they were supposed to die. Just like Five. Or that was what I was told.

_"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you."-Another thing I don't relate to. I've never been completely alone in my life. I've always been busy with work, entertaining people, killing them after, always been at the Commission headquarters which were filled with people, and at my so called "home", I had Eve and Dad most of the time. There were eyes on me at all times.

I mean, that surely means I wasn't lonely. Right?

_"You think they'll buy it?"-Luther changed the subject, thankfully.

_"Well, what I do know, is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in dip shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back."-I'd love to be a snitch and tell on them about losing that briefcase, but it's not the time to be a snake.

_"Well, I should hold onto it. In case they make a move on you."

_"Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've...I've lived a long life, but...you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it."-Five spoke simply, and I scoffed discretely, so he wouldn't hear me from the front seat. Did he even realize how ironic that sounded when he looked about half of Luther's age?