To Infinity and Beyond

The moment I landed in Michigan, I was in Jess's arms again. He had fought off several security guards to get as close as he could get to me. Since then, Jess wouldn't let me out of his sight.
     Now we were standing in the entryway of out new house.
"This place is huge. How are we gonna afford this?" I asked Jess after we walked around.
"Technically, we don't have to pay anything. This was the house I grew up in. My parents originally left it to Cora. But she gave it to us. As an early wedding gift."
     "Wedding gift? You wanna run that past me again?"
"Amber, it's been almost a year, and by the time we get enough money, we would be engaged for another year or two. That's if you say yes right now."
"Yes to what exactly?"
"You're gonna make me do something very cliche aren't you?"
"Mhm."
     "Fine, you win. Amber, I love you. And when you left for California, it gave me time to think. I never want to wake up in the morning without you there. I can't sleep if you aren't right next to me. And believe it or not, my sisters like you more than Thalia. So, without further ado,"
     Jess then dropped to one knee and pulled out of his pocket, a silver engagement ring with two white diamonds on the side and a bigger light blue gem in the center.
"Will you marry me?"
I slipped off the promise ring he gave me a while back, and extended my hand. He took the invitation and slipped the new ring on my finger.
     "Amber, I kinda need an answer."
"What do you think Jess?"
"I'll take it as a yes."
He got up from the ground and kissed me.
"So now, we have a house, we're getting married, and you don't have to hide anymore. What do you wanna do first?"
"There's a lot to do. Announcements need to mailed out, we need to book a venue like now, and flowers, and I need a dress. I need a clue."
     "We have time. A year or two at most. And you have me to help you."
"A year? I can work with a year. And you're right, I have you now. And I forgot to tell you, my parents got back together. When they didn't hear from me while I was out here, they realized they were being stupid."
     "That's fantastic. Your life is starting to get better."
Jess was right. My life before I came here was "Okay". But I wanted "amazing ". And I got it by doing something I never wanted to do. I found happiness and joy in the arms of the man I love. The man I'm gonna marry in a year from now. And I can't wait.