Beautiful night

I went to breakfast with the Kellers and they laid down some ground rules.  Such as no loud or wild parties, no repainting, I can get new furniture as long as it's a reasonable price. And then I can't have the lights on for too long. 

        And I can do that. No big deal, the big deal was that I had a date and had to be ready by six. It was three when I started getting ready.  I had to find a decent outfit and my makeup. 

     I let the Kellers talk me into going into town to buy a dress. So I didn't have to resort to jeans and a nice shirt. We stopped at several stores until I found one. According to Mrs . Keller,  it was perfect for casual and formal dates (with the right accessories).

     I got back and started a shower. I really needed one too. Then I did my hair and makeup. Then I put on the dress. It was a light green and fell just above the knees, and it was a spaghetti strap. I put some jewelry on and then my black heels. (Good thing I brought those).

     Five thirty. Half an hour left. A jacket...duh. I dug through my duffel bag and found my black peacoat. A bit dusty and wrinkled but I easily fixed that. One more look in the mirror and I was ready.

     I was worried. I never felt this way before.  Not even when Toni first asked me out. I was completely calm and I knew what I was doing.  Now I'm running through rooms like a mad woman. And I'm actually nervous, and scared. And I don't know why and that's scaring me more.

        While I was in my panic there was a knock on the door. Iwalked out into the livingroom, and answered the door.

"Hey. You ready to go?" it was Jess. Right on time.

"Yeah just give me second." i grabbed my purse from the couch and we were off.

He took me to a nice resturant and then he took me to a small clearing in a feild. It was quiet, remote, and he already had something set up.

        "Have you been planning this all day?"

"Uh...yeah. I just wanted to show you the best Michigan has to offer. So a quiet dinner and a night under the stars was just what the doctor ordered."

"Well, I guess you have a point."

We sat on the blanket and just looked up. I have never seen so many stars before in my life. It took my breath away. I felt Jess's hand reach for mine, and our fingers intertwined together.

        I tuned my head to look into his deep blue eyes. He looked back into mine, leaned forward and we shared a passionate kiss under the stars. In that moment Toni left my mind. Everything that we were left my memory banks. Even in unknown turf, i felt at home in Jess's arms. In that moment, I was finally safe.

        He walked me home around midnight.

"Goodnight Amber. I had a great time."

"Me too. Goodnight."

I tried to resist the urge to kiss him again as I walked into the room. But I couldn't take it anymore. Apparently, neither coulld he. He was walking back up the pourch. Our lips met again and it almost made me fall over. But he caught me. I had the feeling that he would always catch me.

        Before I knew it I was being pushed back into the livingroom and dropped on the couch. Jess's hands were running up and down my body. I didn't want to stop him, but I knew I had to.

"Jess..." I managed to say between kisses.

"Jess...stop...we can't... not now." I sighed.

Everything stopped. We sat up and looked at each other.

"You're right. It's only the first date. I'm sorry."

"Don't  be. Believe me it took everything in me to stop you. But I do think we should wait just a bit longer."

I leaned into his shoulder and whispered into his ear; "That doesn't mean we can't make out."

        He gladly took the invitation. So there we were, sitting on the couch making out until we fell asleep on the couch again. Though I didn't mind, I kind of liked it the first time.