What happened?

I sat in the police station scared and worried.  My hair was a mess and I was literally shaking. An officer gave me a cup of coffee and started integrating me.

"Okay miss Holland. Just try to remember what you saw exactly."

     " Well I was leaving the restaurant and started walking home.  Once I reached the alley I saw a man about 6'2" shoot someone.  He turned around and then he started chasing me."

     " Is that all you can remember? "

" Yes.  C...can I make a phone call? "

" Of course. "

I walked over to the payphone and dialed Antonio ' s number. 

"Hello? "

" Toni... this is Allison. Can you come down to the police station please.  I really need you right now. "

     " Sure I'll be right there."

After twenty minutes Toni finally came.

" What happened are you alright? "

" Are you Mr. Wells?" The officer asked.

" Yes."

" Follow me please. "

We followed him into his office. 

     "Well it turns out your girlfriend witnessed a murder. Now we have to take certain precautions to make sure the criminal doesn't come back for her.  Now there's two options.  One is stay at home with a guard at all times.  The other is witness protection program. "

     " Well obviously she's not going to witness protection.  She can stay with me at my place. "

" Very well.  One of our undercover guards will patrol the area until we find this man."

" Thank you officer. Come Alli... let's go."

     We left the station and Toni drove me to his apartment.  The drive was silent.  I couldn't process what just happened. We got to the apartment complex and Toni opened the door. 

     " Here you are.  Home sweet home, for now anyways. "

I looked around and just started crying. Toni noticed and wrapped his arms around me. 

" Hey... don't worry.  I won't let anything happen to you. I promise. "

He kissed the top of my head and let go.

     I knew he meant well but I still didn't feel safe.  He came back with an oversized shirt for me to wear. 

" Here. I knew I would need this one day. "

Toni used to be overweight.  He only kept one of his shirts in case I spent the night.

     "Thanks babe.  I think I'll turn in now. It's been..."

" Say no more  I understand. "

He walked me into the bedroom and held me tight.  For fear that I would panic. But honestly something didn't feel right.