The Untold Truth

"Jess?"

"Allison Holland?"

"Jess, I told you, I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't. "

"So was our whole relationship a lie? A game for you to play?"

"Jess the only thing I lied to you about was my name. From the beginning I couldn't lie to you. You deserved the truth."

"But you still lied."

     "Just about my name. I thought you would understand. I thought you loved me!"

"I loved Amber Reynolds. Not Allison Holland."

"But it's still me! How many times do I have to tell you I only lied about my name."

"I get it!"

"Then why are you mad?! So told I white lie, everyone does. And I'm only in this situation because I saw a murder. If I would've stayed back in California I'd be hunted down. I'd probably be dead now."

     "That's not the point, the point is that  you...you...I need to go." He stormed out of the duplex and into the evening air.

"Go? Where are you going?"

"My appartment! Topher, come!"

Topher walked up to the front door but stopped.

"Topher, come here now we're going home!"

Instead Topher sat down by my feet.

     "Unbelievable. I'm going. I'll come back soon for my things."

"Jess...please..." I started crying again.

Just like that he drove away. Into the dark of night. I closed the door and I ran back to the bedroom. I cried my eyes out all night.

                                  ...

     Two weeks pass and I haven't left the duplex. Mrs.Keller even came over to try to cheer me up. But nothing worked. Jess came by for his things supposedly. I must've been with the Kellers that day.

     I finally decide to get my mail and it's scattered everywhere. There was only one letter in the box. It had No return address on it. I opened it and found;

Do not think about calling that officer of yours. You do and everything  and everyone goes down in flames.
                                   K

"K"? Who do I know that goes by...killer.this is from the killer. He found me. He knows where I am! I'm not safe anymore.

     I run inside, change and left for the police station.

"Please officer, you have to help me. Call officer Garrett. I'm in serious danger."

"Ma'am please, we're doing our best here. Just sit over there and wait, we'll get officer Garrett on the phone now."

"Thank you."

     I waited an hour before they told me to go home. They said officer Garrett would be in to see me in the evening. I was walking home when I noticed smoke.

"Oh no!"

I ran home to find my half of the duplex up in flames.

"Amber!" Mr.Keller yelled.

"Mr. Keller, what happened?"

"We don't know, all of a sudden we hear the kids scream and we see this."