This feeling

I walked into the room and closed the door.  I leaned against the door and slid down.  I couldn't see it, but I knew I had the world's biggest smile on my face. I quickly ran to the window and peeked through. He was still on the porch! He had a smile to match the one I wore.

     I felt as if I had millions of butterflies in my stomach. 

What is this feeling?

I've never felt this way before. Not even with Toni. 

What was happening to me?

Then I remembered when I was little and my mom told me about how she met my father.

"Mommy, what's love? " I remembered asking.

"Love is when you get the feeling of flying but you're still on the ground. "

     " Do you feel anything else? "

" Sometimes it's as if you have teeny tiny butterflies in your stomach.  And you can't help but smile and smile until you think your cheeks will fall off. "

     I came out of the daydream and was in shock.  Was I actually falling for I guy I just met? No I couldn't I still didn't know where I stood with Toni. I looked out the window and he was leaving.  With Topher following right behind him. He was walking slower and I could tell he was thinking. 

     But I wasn't when I walked out the door and blurted out "Do you want to come inside? "

I thought he would say no or just ignore me. But to my surprise he turned around and nodded.  He started walking faster and came back up to the porch. 

     " Do you want anything? I just moved in so you'll have to excuse the mess."

" I'm fine and don't worry my place looks worse. "

" Oh. Okay."

We sat down on the couch and the silence overtook us.

"So uhh...where are you from originally? We already talked about me, it's your turn."

     I had to make up something but I also couldn't lie. So I told the semi-truth.

" The west coast.  I uh..worked for a big corporate office downtown. Until I decided to change... everything. "

" I wondered why you sounded different. To California-y."

     I couldn't help but laugh.

" What else do you want to know? "

We talked and talked until eventually we both fell asleep on the couch. 

                                      ...

     I woke up in his arms, his soft quiet snores hummed in my ears. Topher on the floor asleep as well. We had a light blanket over us. He must've woken up earlier and threw it on us.

     I wiggled a little and he stirred.  I noticed all of his features. His light brown hair only slightly messed up,  I felt is toned abbs against my back. His hands wrapped around my waist, gentle yet firm.

     I didn't want it to end. I wanted to savor this moment and tuck it away for a rainy day.  But it wasn't to be.  I sighed and he woke up.

" Morning sleepy head. " I joked.

" Morning.  How long have I been here?"

I looked at the clock.

" Almost ten hours. "

" I should get going. I have to get to work by ten."

     " Okay. I have to meet with the Kellers for breakfast. They want to go over some ground rules. "

" I would like to see you again if you don't mind. You know we could have dinner or something. "

" Yeah that would be great. "

Topher woke up and they walked to the door.

     " I guess I'll see you tonight. Six okay?"

" Yeah. "

" Okay.  See you at six."

He leaned down and placed a kiss on my cheek.  I watched him walk away and kept smiling.  I went back inside and just sighed.