I'm on my way

I woke up and I got ready. I was leaving for, god knows where, to start a new life temporarily. Toni was no help in the matter so we were temporarily over. But surprisingly I was okay.  Not with leaving but the whole Toni matter. 

     I walked to my door and opened it. There was an officer waiting in the hallway. 

" Ready?"

" As I'll ever be. "

The ride to the airport wad quiet. I boarded the plane and the detective was waiting. 

     " Alright Ms. Holland,  here is your new purse with new wallet and identification.  And some cash. "

I opened the bag and pulled out the wallet. 

" Your new name is Amber Reynolds. And you will be staying with the Keller family.  In... Michigan. "

     " Michigan! Of all places why Michigan?"

" It's the farthest we can take you where thus guy won't find you."

" Well,  I guess I can do it. "

" Good.  The Keller' s will pick you up at the airport when we land. Now let's practice using your new name. "

     The flight wasn't too bad.  And I got used to being called Amber or Ms. Reynolds.  Which isn't a bad thing. I also got some information about the Keller family.  They have three little kids and live on a duplex. And they were generous enough to let me use the space next to them. 

     " One more thing Ms. Reynolds.  Your cellphone please. "

" My phone?"

" Yes new identity , new phone. "

I handed over my phone and received a new one. 

     "Now you do have some contacts in there already.  My number, both Mr. and Mrs. Keller ' s numbers and the local police. Good luck. "

I walked off the plane and into this little airport.  I looked around and saw a man and woman holding a sign saying "Reynolds". That was me.

     " Hi I'm Amber Reynolds.  You must be the Kellers."

The woman stepped forward ,

"Nice to meet you Amber. I'm Shelia and this is my husband George.  Welcome to Michigan. "