Epilogue: Hope

It was night on Coruscant now. Kane and I were still in the courtyard. We've spent the last few hours catching up. We were sharing our stories, our emotions, our pain. It felt so good to talk to him again. After so long, that hole in my heart has finally been filled. "Look at the stars," I said as I pointed up at the glistening stars above our heads. "Look how they shine for you."

"They're shining extra bright tonight," Kane mentioned. "Almost as if they too share the happiness that I've felt ever since I've reunited with you."

"I just wish that every day could feel like this," I said. "However, we have yet another war approaching. A war that will determine the fate of the Galaxy."

"We will be ready for it," Kane responded, trying to ease my mind.

"Maybe one day this will all be over." I took Kane's hand in mine and rested my head on his as we gazed upon the night sky.

"Maybe," he replied. "We can only hope for it." He gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek. "Until then, we'll keep working to make the Galaxy a better, safer place."

I closed my eyes and smiled. "I love you so much, Kane. And I am ready to face whatever will come our way."

He smiled and said, "I love you too."

           The events at the Citadel all that time ago shattered me. I thought I would never be able to be my old self again. I felt so lost without him. Now that I have him back, I am once again the happiest man in the Galaxy. The storm that is coming our way will shake the very foundation of our Republic. But it will not break it. It will persevere through whatever is thrown at it. Vinera thinks her power, her rage, and Darkness will be enough to destroy it. But she is underestimating one thing, something that is more powerful than she could ever be. Hope...