Chapter 1

Clove POV

I suddenly woke up in a white room. Am I dead? I think so. The last thing I remember is Cato holding me tight telling me not to 'go' before I drifted off. Yes, I'm pretty sure that I'm dead. The dent Thresh made on my skull wasn't a small one that's for sure. But yet again if I'm dead why am I tied up to this bed white bed. I'm changed into a white hospital robe. Why is everything here white? Maybe Cato managed to make me win. I don't know how, but maybe I won. That would be almost impossible, but hey it's that or I'm dead.

Then all of a sudden I see two Peacekeepers entering my room. So I did win. I'm not dead and that means that Cato is probably dead because there can only be one winner to the Hunger Games. I'm so confused right now it's unbelievable. I'm trying to act strong in front of these two Peacekeepers so they don't think I'm weak. I'm the vicious district 2 girl that throws knives. Everybody in Panem should fear me!

They start untying me calmly from the white bed and tell me to get up. They also say that I need to be somewhere in 10 minutes. I don't really know what's happening until the next thing I know I'm standing face to face with President Snow. What am I doing here? Why am I in the same room as President Snow? What happened in the arena after I drifted off? Was this all a sick dream? Oh, I hope so. Yes, it's a dream. Soon I will wake up in Cato's arms and everything will be alright. Everything will be like before the Games. Before he volunteered.

But it's not a dream. I especially know that bit of information when the President starts talking. "Clove, you are probably confused right now on what is happening or maybe on why you are not dead right now. You could say that the odds were kinda in your favor." He continued talking and explaining how they managed to bring me back to life and how I wasn't the first one. He also managed to fit the fact that I would be going to an unknown location to everybody in Panem except some of the people high in the Government.

I was shocked. How could this have been going on for years and nobody knew this was happening. He mentioned that one other person from the 74th Hunger Games had also managed to survive, but he failed to mention the name of this other lucky tribute. I really hope that it's Cato or at least not Lover Boy, The Girl on Fire, or Thresh since one of them killed me. Anybody else except the people I or the Career pact killed wouldn't bother me that much to be honest. That really only leaves the career pac...

They put me in one of the many hovercraft that they have here and it started to fly to the place that Snow was talking about. They sit me down in a chair in the hovercraft. The Peacekeepers talk with themselves about if they should bring the other tribute on this hovercraft. They finally made the decision to keep us in different hovercraft, something about emotions and not wanting to deal with a scene.

Soon I realize that the windows have been blacked out so I couldn't see outside the hovercraft. This reminds me of before the Games. When we were on our way to the Games, the lady was putting a tracker in our arm. Did we still have it? Did they still track my every move? Or maybe every move the victors made after they won. So they would never be safe from the Capitol and their control.

During the time in the hovercraft, I start to think about the victor. Who could have won? I'm pretty sure Thresh let Katniss live and that Cato killed Thresh as revenge. That would leave Cato, Foxface, Katniss, and Peeta. Chance is that they brought out mutts. My guess is that Foxface died next. The rest I'm oblivious of. Did Cato win and bring immense pride to our district? Obviously, he was the one favored to win. I really hope that my Cato won. If he did I hope he would move on maybe and not be sad for the rest of his life about me. But he would have still been outnumbered.

I'm so into my deep thinking that I don't realize the hovercraft landing. I am broken from this deep thinking by Peacekeepers telling me to get out of the hovercraft. They were in a bad mood. As soon as the doors of the hovercraft open, I am blinded by a huge light. After adjusting to the really strong light, I realize that this secret place where only people high in the government and some of the tributes that the Capitol was able to bring back to life was really humble and friendly. The scenery was really beautiful.

As soon as I took a step out of the hovercraft, all eyes were on me. People seemed excited to see a new person. A new person that shared their experience. This experience is the horrible thing the Capitol loves. The Hunger Games. Some of the people, previously chatting with friends I suppose, were now more interested in me and my games. The question of what district I was from, my name, and how I "died".

Some were sad that it was from district two. Some because I didn't avenge my district correctly and others because it wasn't somebody from their district that could have been their friend before the Games.
Also, most people thought I had a beautiful name and to some of them, my name reminded them of their district where sometimes there would be clovers. Some were shocked also when I told them about how I died. You could say that a vicious district two girl who throws knives getting smashed in the skull with a rock to death by a district eleven boy at the feast is kinda unusual.

After a bit of time and some of the people that were previously listening to my story in the Games introduced themselves, There was a loud sound coming from the place the hovercraft that took me here was just one or two hours ago. All the attention that was on me suddenly came on the hovercraft. People murmuring about how uncommon two people from the same year being saved was. I waited and waited to finally see who was in this hovercraft. Why wasn't I on the same hovercraft as them? Then suddenly the doors opened.

I was in total shock. This couldn't be possible. And there he was standing, as much shock as me in his eyes.

There he was standing. The love of my short life. Cato.

Hey, juste finished my first chapter! I'm kinda happy about it but its 5am so I'm not really sure if it is honestly really good. I'm gonna try to post the most often i can, but I have a lot of stuff planned this summer so... And I really hope to be done or almost done before school starts again💖
-Split