Chapter 9

Optimus and Megatron continued to fight with the energon swords. And it was a pretty even match.

Then Bumblebee who finally managed to get there started trying to help Optimus. He drove into the room in his alt mode and ramp on Megatron hitting the warlord in the faceplates with his tires.

But Megatron grabbed him by the back tires and tossed him out a window but fortunately Bumblebee managed to transform and grab onto the side of the base.

But unfortunately he was now hanging from the side of the Decepticon base on the top floor over a smalting pit. But couldn't pull himself back up and was slipping.

Optimus managed to knock Megatron out and was now trying desperately to reach the yellow scout.

"Hold on Bumblebee!" Optimus said to the yellow Autobot.

"I'll try Optimus." Bumblebee replied sounding unsure.
_                                                                   

Meanwhile the rest of the Autobots and Decepticons were still fighting each other.

The Decepticons defense system was still fire on them thanks to Knock Out and Teletraan-X. So the cons were having to fight the Autobots as well as their out base's defense system.

Then suddenly a ground bridge opened and Cloud Dagger who was now fully recovered joined the fight.

And she, Windblade and Hot Rod were proving to be a good team.

"Hey Dreadwing!" Cloud Dagger yelled making him turn in her direction only to be met with her fist. "That was for abandoning me back at the cave."

Then he started to attack her only for her to point behind him and he looked just in time to be hit by Windblade rendering him unconscious.

"Good work." They both said giving each other five. Then went to help fight the other Cons.
_                                                                    

Meanwhile Starscream regained consciousness and force himself to his peds he was still really sore from the beat down Megatron had just given him.

And it showed. He had sparks coming off his body and used one of his servos to hold his left shoulder which had taken a lot of damage.

And he walked down the hallway with his wings down in a daze.

Then regained his senses just in time to spot Optimus trying to reach Bumblebee who was losing his grip on the said of the Decepticon base.

Then he saw Megatron who had also regained consciousness about to take advantage of the situation and was sneaking up on Optimus about to literally stab him in the back with his energon sword.

"This ends now prime." Megatron said as he drew back his sword.

But suddenly Starscream ran over and and jump over Megatron bouncing off his faceplates with his peds using it as a stepping stone. Then Megatron who was now angry ran after the seeker.

Optimus was about to try to help him but knew Bumblebee also needed help.

"I've got this Prime help Bumblebee!" Starscream shouted to him as he continued to run from and fight with Megatron.

Optimus continued to try to reach Bumblebee as the scout was struggling to hold on. He just hoped Starscream could last long enough for him to save Bumblebee then he could help the seeker.

"You pathetic seeker you don't even know how to die!" Megatron hissed at his former second in command.

"Megatron can't you see that this hate is getting you nowhere there's no sense in any of this the war is over and the Autobots won and their making Cybertron a better place. Peace can't be achieved through tyranny and but through mutual understanding and respect!" Starscream tried to reason with his former master.

"The ture power does not come from the ashes of one's enemies but from compassion determination and friendship." Starscream added. "The Autobots taught me that but I don't think you understand any of those things."

"Your nothing but a weak coward." Megatron told the seeker.

"Yes but sometimes cowards survive." Said Starscream. Then he used his scream on Megatron only for the warlord to shrug it off and grab him by the throat.

"You worthless seeker all you ever did was fail." Megatron growled before snapping the seeker's neckcables. Which would have killed him if he were human then tossed him into a wall.

Then started to go to try to kill Optimus again. Who had stuck his energon sword into the side of the Decepticon base and was hanging onto it to reach Bumblebee just as he lost his grip and managed to grab his servo just in time and was about to pull them both up.

Meanwhile Starscream who had just pulled himself up to spite being in a serious amount of pain and his systems giving him warnings to go into emergency stasis and he saw Megatron about to attack Optimus Prime who was currently pulling himself and Bumblebee back up into the Decepticon base.

"I'm stronger then you think!" Starscream hissed weakly his voice was horse from his neckcables being snapped then he grabbed something his spotted near where he had been tossed.

Then Megatron who was waiting for Optimus and Bumblebee to get back inside the base planning to kill them when they made it up suddenly heard a blast and felt a burning pain looked down to see a hole had just been blasted through his spark chamber.

Then the Decepticon leader turned to see Starscream who had just shot him with his own fusion cannon then he stepped backwards and feel out the window of the Decepticon base and made one final quick movement before falling into the smalting pit as his spark was extinguished.

Optimus and Bumblebee made it up just in time to see Megatron fall. And they thought they saw Starscream's optics widened in pain for a moment before the seeker smirked at them.

"Megatron has fallen." Starscream said giving a weak smile. But then much to both Optimus's and Bumblebee's horror the seeker's optics rolled to the back of his helm and fell shut as he collapsed and they could see Megatron's energon sword sticking through his midsection.

Megatron's final act had been to throw his energon sword at his former second in command and unfortunately it had hit it's mark.

"NOOO!!" Screamed Cloud Dagger who had just gotten there in time to see Starscream fall to the floor.

She rush over and cradled his body while sobbing coolant tears.

Since the other Decepticons had surrendered the rest of the team had come to help Optimus, Bumblebee and Starscream and were all saddened to see their fallen friend.

But suddenly they saw Starscream's fingers twitch.

"He's still alive!" Cried Bumblebee.

"We must get him to the medbay now!" Said Optimus.

And they quickly rushed Starscream through the ground bridge and to the medbay hoping that he would survive.

To Be Continued.

Hope this chapter turned out OK. I'll try to get the epilogue up next probably sometime today. In the meantime feel free to send feedback.