Chapter 8

Chapter 8

By the time Marion and Val came back Amy was asleep.
"Is Amy Okay Lou".
Lou shook her head. "No, after you went out I asked how she was really feeling without the BS and she lost it, she said all she can see and think about is Jesse tightening the rope around her neck and thinking that she and the baby were going to die.
I had to call the nurse and they sedated her, she's going to need counselling Mum, she was putting on an act for you and Val".
"I thought she was too calm but wasn't sure whether to say anything,  thanks Lou".

A week later and Amy came home, she hugged her Grampa, Georgie and Katie then went to her room.
Jack hugged Lou and they chatted.
"How is she Marion ".
"Not good Dad, I think it will get worse before it gets better. We need to keep her away from men she doesn't know for a while while she goes through her counselling".
"Okay".
Ty had seen Amy come home  and thought how beautiful she looked, he wondered why she'd been in hospital as he doesn't watch the news or read newspapers. He saw the police bring a Light Blue Truck back which he thought may be hers and if the Police were involved!!!. As they went to the Ranch House and went in his own question was answered.
The family was up and the last two nights had been horrendous with Amy having Nightmares.
The phone rang and Marion answered,  it was Scott to say the police had arrested someone stealing Horses and selling them for meat, they had a Black Gelding that had been treated badly.  Marion told him to bring it over and that's when he told her that an anonymous buyer had gifted him to Amy, and he'd done the same for a 15 Yr old girl.
Marion phoned Amy's Doctor about the nightmares and he agreed to give her something to stop them for a while and he'd get the pharmacy to drop them off for her, he'd also have a word with her counsellor about it.

That night Amy was out cold and no nightmares which the family was grateful for. Amy woke early and went to see the horses in the barn, she needed them this time to help her, she was inside one of the stalls with her arms around Coppers neck with tears running down her face talking to him about how she felt and what Jesse had done to her, it was nice to talk to him and thankfully horses didn't talk back and could keep a secret.
Ty had turned up for work and Entered the barn, when he heard someone talking he stopped,  but wasn't sure if he should walk back out or stay and listen.
When he heard what she was talking about he understood why the police were involved.
Amy stopped talking and Just held on to copper.
Ty walked forward towards the stable and stopped by the stable door,
"Hello, nice morning isn't it,  my names Ty I'm the New Ranch Hand".
Amy didn't speak but positioned Copper between her and Ty.
Ty noticed she was shaking and had a sweaty shine to her skin Just as Lou walked in to get Amy for her breakfast.
"Amy you in here".
Ty walked over and quietly said " She's in that stall talking to a horse, I said hello but she started to shake and sweat ".
"That's Amy my Sister, she's not in a good way at the moment Ty, could you wait outside for me and we'll go and have a talk.
"Amy, there's no one here now love, okay, Breakfast is ready, I'll see you back at the house later, take your time".
Lou walked out  and saw Ty by the chicken coup.
"Let's walk to the pond Ty and I'll explain because she's going to see you around a lot, hopefully she'll get used to seeing you ".
"What the hell did somebody do to her Lou, I'm assuming it was a bloke".
"Yeah it was, her now exboyfriend,,, and hopefully when he's in court he'll get a life sentence ".
"What!!! It was that bad".
"It was horrendous Ty we thought he'd killed her and the baby".
"Jeesusss".
"Here we can sit on the old boat".
They both sat and Lou explained about Jesse and what he did to her sister and then how, when she was leaving Hudson he killed her  or thought he had, Lou explained what he did with the rope and how he disposed of her body".
"Bloody hell Lou no wonder she's scared,  I'd like to try and help her but very slowly, especially as she's  going to be seeing me around ".
"Okay , but if she starts to panic Just tell her your leaving ".
"Okay Lou thanks for telling me".

At the end of the day Ty went to the house and knocked the door then opened it and poked his head in, he saw Lou, Amy, Jack ,  "I'm finished for the day Jack, I'll see you in morning, Bye Lou, Bye Amy".
Ty left and drove home.
"He's a great Lad and not scared to work hard".
"He certainly is Grandpa,  he's very considerate too".
"How you doing Amy".
"Okay Lou, the counselling is helping but still have the feeling of being vulnerable. How much longer have you got left until you have to go back".
"I spoke to my boss and I've still got 3 weeks before I have to go back".

Amy had gone to bed and Jack went not long after.
"Mum,  how's that Black Gelding coming along".
"Much better than I thought, and he's a Thoroughbred Jumper. I know Amy's Pregnant but I want her to do Join up because this is her  horse, I have ownership papers and a bill of sale from the police and Scott so no one can say it's their horse, it is in Amy's name and the horse is called Shadow, he was gifted to her".
"Amy will love it, she hasn't had her own since Sundance died a few years ago ".
"I also thought it may help her".
"Definitely Mum".

A week later.
"Amy".
"Yeah Mum".
"Come with me sweetheart "..
"Where we going".
"I have a surprise for you".

To be continued