Chapter 3

George POV

Dream had just told me he apparently has a girlfriend and has had one for the past 4 years. I've only known him for about 2 days so it was almost ridiculous that I felt even the slightest bit of jealousy. I'd walked away from the table and out onto the hallway, admiring the different look the school had from what I was used to from England. I went to the locker that I'd been given which was right beside Dreams. As I opened my locker an unfamiliar face appeared from the side of my eyes.

A boy who looked to be a little taller than me with brown fluffy hair, wearing a purple and blue hoodie stood next to me.

"Hello! My name's Karl, are you the exchange student from England?"

He honestly seemed incredibly kind and it would be nice to know other people at school than being stuck with Dreams' friend group, if they turn out to be weird.

"Yes I am. My names Geroge nice to meet you"

Karl closed my locker which took me by surprise but I chose not to question him.

"Have you seen the entire school yet, or can I give you a tour?"

I didn't have anything better to do cause I certainly wouldn't wanna go back to Dream and his friends at this right moment, so I decided to follow Karl around. He told me about the basics at school, including the rules and stuff. Another thing he also brought up was different stories about things that had happened at school, parties etc. He explained how almost no one actually knew how rich Dream was, and how humble he really was. Maybe it was because he didn't want to get taken advantage of or a fear that people might think of him differently. The only reason why Karl knew it was because Dream and Karl were friends ,but only outside of school. Melissa had apparently forbidden Dream from hanging out with Karl at school because he wasn't as popular as they were.

It was time for the last class of the day where I met Dream inside the gym hall. I hated gym class, primarily because the teachers and some of the guys act like it's a life or death situation. Luckily today's class was about dancing. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't the best at dancing but anything except something to do with a ball.

Dream gave me a worrying look indicating that he'd no idea what to do. I told him to closely watch what I did, not being able to see how swaying your hips in that way could remind you of something else. At first I just thought he was confused but later realized how it must've looked, cause after I demonstrated it he did it with ease.

When the class was over he grabbed my hand and pulled my body close to his and whispered.

"You really got some moves. I've love to see them again some other time"

He let my hand go and went to go to his car like nothing had just happened. I followed him from a distance, still a bit stunned by his previous actions. We were both sitting in his car driving home, until he suddenly stopped outside a movie theater. I was confused but just went along with it anyway.

"Dream, why are we here?"

He briefly glanced at me before answering.

"I bought some tickets to a new horror movie I thought looked good"

"Oh cool ok"

I tried to pretend to be cool about it but in all honesty, I was scared. I've never been the greatest at watching horror movies but I didn't want Dream to think I was lame, so we went to get our seats which were in the back of the room. We were sitting down when Dream leaned over to my seat.

"George, I brought some candy, look"

He pulled out a bag filled with candy he had brought with him from home. I gave him a confused look.

"Aren't you rich or something, why did you bring your own?"

I'll never understand rich people that pretend they're not rich, like what is the point? If you're a multimillionaire or something like that, why do you try to save money on candy from the movie theater?

"No need to be sassy. I just like this candy way more than the ones they sell here, nothing else"

He rolled his eyes at me and showed me two pieces of candy he intentionally had taken out for the two of us. Two gummy bears, one blue and the other one green. Dream picked the blue one up in between two of his fingers and tried feeding it to me. I gladly ate it, almost biting his fingers at the attempt.

The movie had started and I already started to feel a little scared. I tried my best to keep my calm but when a jumpscare came out of the blue I accidentally grabbed onto Dreams' opperarm. He seemed quite confused at first but slowly but surely started to loosen up. Another Jumpscare popped up on the screen and I let out a little whine before burrowing my face in his chest. I suddenly realized what I was doing and with a blink of an eye I sprang up from his chest with a burning face.

"Are you okay? I genuinely wouldn't have chosen this movie if I knew it would scare you this much."

He had a concerned expression on his face before offering me to lay my head back on his chest. I hesitated but ended up relaxing my head against him. Every time a scary scene would appear he gave me a little squeeze to reassure me that it was fine.

When the movie finally ended we stayed in the same position waiting for the credits to be over. Eventually we were forced to get up, but before I got the chance to move Dream grabbed my hand and pulled me into his car.

"We have to be at Melissa's house an hour before the actual party starts, because you know" He hesitated, "She's my girlfriend, and all"

I'd totally forgotten about that today. My heart ached a tiny bit at that statement cause I honestly thought we had a connection, but it was probably just one sided, considering the fact that he also was straight, from what I know of at least. But the thought of this just turning into a bromance was kinda sad. At the same time I knew I couldn't start crushing on a guy who's already in a relationship. I'll just have to forget about it I guess.

We had reached our house and he'd told me we only had about 10 minutes to get ready, so i'd to rush to my room to try and find an outfit for the night.

I looked inside my closet and quickly locked my eyes on a sparkly black skirt I'd brought with me for an occasion like this. I wasn't sure if it was cute though so I thought I'll just go ask Dream if he liked it.

Knocking on his door, I stood outside and waited for an answer. Dream opened the door and without second guessing himself he gave me the most obvious elevator look. "What's up George?"

I waited a couple seconds before answering. "Just wanted to ask how my outfit looked"

Coughing into his elbow he said "You look good.. I mean it looks good, it does, it does". Later I realized how nice he also looked. He was wearing a tight white shirt which made his muscles pop out. I'd never noticed how ribbed he was before now. I couldn't stop myself from staring at his muscular arms and imagine how firm and rough his hands would feel around my neck as a necklace.

We were now sitting in his car driving to the party. I didn't know whether this night would be fun or just a mess, considering Dream's girlfriend was throwing the party. Pushing the thought away I turned my gaze to look at Dream's hands on the steering wheel. He noticed me staring and moved one of his hands from the wheel to my thigh, gently rubbing circles with his thumb. It felt nice but I knew it was only temporary when we got to Melissa's house.

She seemed to recognize Dream's car right away and quickly ran up to Dream and wrapped her arms around his neck, before pushing their lips together. My heart dropped upon seeing that but I tried playing it off by entering the house without them. 

Words: 1455