Chapter 16

George POV

"George? George?!" Dream shook me awake looking slightly annoyed.

I couldn't bother getting up, I just wanted to keep sleeping, "Let me sleep"

"We're gonna be late for school, it's monday, remember?"

I honestly didn't care, I was way too tired. And it's been ages since I've had a sick day, if I'd even gotten one while being in the US.

Dream finally gave up on trying to get me out of bed. Instead he decided to join me, pulling the blanket that was on top of me around the both of us. The blanket wasn't very large so we were tightly curled up so we both got equally as much of it. We were inches apart and I could feel his warm breath against my face. It was comforting having the person I cared so deeply about being this close to me.

Dream withdrew his face but kept staring at me, "George, can I tell you something?"

"Of course, what is it?"

He seemed more nervous than usual which got me kinda worried. I really hoped he was about to tell me some good news, not wanting to deal with any negativity right now.

"I've been debating on whether I should ask you this or not for a while now, but I realized that lifes too short so I'll just take the risk and ask you anyway. I know I'm still in a relationship with Melissa, unfortunately. But I can't stop thinking about you. I wanna be with you every second of every day and that is why I wanna ask you if you would like to become my boyfriend the second I get the chance to break up with Melissa?"

I was stunned but honored. Honored to know that he cared this much about me. The downside to being his boyfriend though was having to wait till he breaks up with her. By now there wasn't long until I've to go back to England, there was precacially a month left and having to wait wasn't really such a great idea.

"But Dream, there isn't enough time to wait till you break up with Melissa. There's only a month till I have to go back to England, remember?"

"Hmm, I know. What about long distance?" He tried offering.

I don't know how he thought that would even work. Right now Dream and I were just playing around, we weren't serious yet, even though it certainly felt like it. He couldn't have a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time, or at least I didn't want to partake in that.

"Long distance, what exactly?"

Dream looked disappointed in me asking him that but probably also knew it was the truth. Long distance could work, if we were together, but we weren't.

"Come on George. I believe we could make it work"

Honestly I couldn't see if he was lying or not. From a realistic point of view the odds were against us. But maybe we shouldn't even be discussing this right now. I wasn't going anywhere at this moment so why stress about it already?

"Listen, can't we talk about something else? We have plenty of time left before I leave."

He agreed and then proceeded to turn me around so he could be the big spoon. I loved cuddling with him and knew that would be one of the things I would miss the most when I left.

Dream nuzzled his face into my face, "You smell so good, you know that?" Instead of replying I gave him a little laugh and wiggled closer into the larger body behind me. This was way better than going to school, I just wished we could stay in bed everyday instead of having to deal with the real world. Dream was my world and I wanted it to stay that way forever.

"How are you so pretty George?" I turned around to face the blonde, turning my gaze to his lips and back up to his eyes again, "I don't know, it must be a talent of mine" He caught sight of me, leaning closer into my face without connecting our lips. He cupped my face and wanted me to take the first step. Hesitantly I attached our lips in an affectionate kiss.

The kiss wasn't sloppy at all, in fact it was the opposite. Smoothly our lips gilded against one another in sync. Our eyes were fully closed in pleasure, enjoying the long romantic kiss that felt like an euphoria.

Suddenly Dream forcefully turned the slow kiss into a more intense one. Roughly asking for entrance which I let him get. My heart rapidly sped up in excitement as he explored my entire mouth, letting our warm tongues dance in harmony. A string of saliva connected as we both pulled away.

I buried my head in his chest out of embarrassment, unaware of who was standing in the doorway watching us.

"Hmm, so I was right?"

I quickly looked towards the disturbance, perceiving the catastrophe that was about to come. Melissa. Of course it was Melissa. She practically sneaked into our room like some creep and now for sure knew Me and Dream were a thing.

Dream pulled himself away from me in fear when he noticed Melissa. None of us knew what to say or do in that moment, too scared of what this might mean for us and especially Dream.

"It's not what it looks like" Dream began, "I can explain, please let me explain"

Melissa looked slightly annoyed but not surprised, "Go ahead, I guess"

Dream took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before he started speaking, "So I know what it looks like, don't get me wrong but you have to try and see it from my perspective. We haven't really had the best relationship ever since, you know what. So when I met George there was just an instant connection that I wanted to explore. I didn't break up with you though and I haven't ruined any of our reputations. As far as anyone else knows, we're in a amazing, healthy relationship, why ruin that?"

Melissa scuffed, clearly frustrated by the situation, "It's very bold of you to think I won't tell anyone about this. I don't care about your little gay ass cause now I have the power to destroy your family and tell everyone that you cheated on me. Everyone will hate you, EVERYONE!"

Both Dream and I were caught off guard by her threat. She had all the power in her hands and could ruin some of the most important things in Dream's life with a sentence or two. It was so unfair. If I had the balls to go and slap her across the face right now, I would do it but I don't. She was scary, I have to admit that.

There was an intense amount of tension in the room that you would practically cut though. We were scared of whatever Melissa was gonna do and if she was gonna confess to everything.

"So are you gonna tell everyone now?" Dream nervously asked.

Melissa stood with broad shoulders, looking down at us aware of how powerful she was in that moment.

"What do you think?" she laughed before proceeding to walk out the door again, closing it behind her.

We were left sitting in confusion and frightened about what was gonna happen now.

Words: 1226