Chapter 12

Dear Yuuma,

It's been a while hasn't it? I can't believe that it'll be 3 years since you died this coming April. It feels longer yet shorter at the same time. I miss you. A lot. We knew each other for a short amount of time but you taught me so much. By the way, i've kept up with the bird watching that we used to do every lunch.

You know, since you died i've seen 73 Ryukyu Minivets. I remember you loved those. I also remember your favourite flowers were daffodils and how Ground Zero was your hero. I wish you could've met him - up until this day i regret not keeping that promise.

You'd be 15 now. How the time flies, huh? The world keeps turning even though you're gone. That's weird to me....

Anyway, that leads me onto the main point of this silly letter that you'll never receive.

I'm graduating today. At UA high school, no more. I did it, Yuuma, I'm a hero. I. Am. A. Hero.

I still dream that we did it together, like i'd sworn to you. It's stupid, lingering on those things we've missed. But i can't help it. I only had 42 nights of saying goodnight to you but i miss it every day.

I hope that you're happier and proud of me. I know that i'm so incredibly proud of you.

From,
Kaji Todoroki

(Signed: Ground Zero)

Kaji sighed as he tucked the letter into the envelope, sealing it closed and pushing it into his pocket. He wanted to read it once more before heading to the graveyard after graduation.

"Kaji!" Katsuki yelled from across the field. A group of them had been standing outside.
"Katsuki," He grinned as he began walking over.
The blonde sighed as he stared at the boy "Wow... I'm so proud of you," He was engulfed in a tight hug.
"Thank you, uncle Kats," He breathed into his shoulder.

As Kaji peaked over his uncles shoulder, he spotted Mina and Ichika already partying it out in the corner. Was she? Yep- Yep, 'Chika was already drunk.

The redhead rolled his eyes and pulled away, the shorter Bakugo, slapping him on the shoulder proudly.
"Go be the best hero out there, make use of that power," He winked supportively (unnoticeably).
"I've still got to overtake you first," he joked.
Katsuki huffed out a laugh "I'm retiring soon,"

"WHAT?" He gasped... a bit too loudly.
"Gotta put my family first now," He smiled, eyes crinkling at the corners as he picked Isamu up off of the ground and rested her on his hip.
"Right," Kaji frowned but understood.

"Go have fun, i'm getting old!" He laughed and Kaji just thought he was stupid.
"You're 45,"
"Exactly! Old!"

"Not old," Kōri stated plainly beside him (He'd started working as an engineer. He was doing it for a short while beforehand as a part time job, but he'd already designed one of them most advanced cars in history to date. Last week, he was offered his own company at 19 years old.)

Kaji ended up getting shooed off. Izume wasn't here so he'd have to find someone else to bother. After a short glance around, his eyes laid upon his little sister... conversing with Kayda.

Creeping round, he made his way so that he was stood behind them, getting ready to scare them. But, before he could, he noticed them hook their pinkie fingers around the others and he raised a brow.

Still, he kept walking. Once he'd approached them, he threw his arms around their shoulders and leant down, poking his head in between them. They both let out a yelp and jumped "Well, well, what's happening here?"