chapter 3

"What do you want." I asked sighing.

"Y/n, you just got here, cut the attitude." Jean said propping himself up on the door frame. I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me, dragging jean to a different part of the house, giving Eren escape time.

I didn't plan on keeping Eren around for more then easy sex to be honest, I wasn't one for dating. With how much Slater and I used to travel, we kept a Hook Up Only rule to keep us both from getting our hearts broken— again. I also didn't plan on making it anything more because I felt bad for the girl he mentioned earlier.

"Y/n are you even listening to me?" Jean asked. We stopped in the kitchen and he seemed to be talking but I wasn't listening.

"I'm sorry i'm sorry what did you say." I asked wrapping my arms around Jean's neck.

"I said that I just wanted to make sure you were adjusting alright, you seemed a little to excited to unpack." He giggled.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said giving Jean a kiss on the cheek, having to stand on my tippie toes rather then bend down to do it like when we were kids.

Seeing Jean so grown was odd to me.

I released Jean from my arms and skipped back to the stairs.

"Y/n?" Jean said.

"hmm?"

"I love you, it's going to be different here, I promise."  He said with a soft look.

"I love you more, and I know." I said turning my back and running up the stairs.

Europe was rough for me, and I think Jean felt guilty he could never be there for me in the way I wanted to him to be. Letting me live with him and his friends seemed like his way of making up for it.

2:35 am

"Y/n you cant run forever. I'll always be able to find exactly where you are"

I shot straight up in bed, trying to catch my breath.
Its's just a dream, Y/n. You're okay.

I got out of bed, not wanting to be in the dark room anymore. One of the boys were bound to be up, which gave me a sense of security.

My breath was still shakey as I thought about the nightmare. I knew he wasn't here, there's no way he could be, but the thought of him having to deal with him again scared me.

I made my way to the Kitchen, to find Connie eating Hot Cheetos.

"A little late for that don't you think?" I asked grabbing the bag from him, and sticking my hand in.

"I've known you for less then 24 hours and you already stealin' food from me?" He said snatching the bag back.

I wasn't too far off from Connie height wise, but I still had to look up at him a bit. He was wearing plaid boxers. His abs were fully exposed revealing his many tattoos all over him, including a giant skull on his upper thigh. Very, upper thigh. I stared at his body for a few seconds, skimming over each tattoo.

"You done checkin' me out?" He asked leaning back on the counter top. I giggled.

"I just like your tattoos." I said reaching out to touch one of a wolf on his bicep.

"Thanks shawty," He said putting the clip back on the Cheetos.  "... but why you up so late anyways."

"Bad dream." I quickly answered, hoping he didn't ask for details.

"Bout what?"

"Ex boyfriend."

"Yikes." He sounded like he didn't want to press anymore.

He walked back to me and ruffled my already messy hair.

"If you ever need anything, remember my rooms right next door." He said with a small smile.

Attractive and sweet— and tattoos?
I thought to myself

"I'll keep that in mind, Connie. Goodnight." I said patting his chest as I walked by him back up the stairs.

I walked past my room, straight to Jean's. I didn't want to sleep alone, and even though I enjoyed Connies company, I just wanted to go to bed. I knocked on Jeans door before walking in.
"Come in!"

Jean was in bed reading a script from what I assumed was AOT. I walked over and lied down next to him pulling the cover up all the way, and turning out the light. Jean laughed.

"Y/n I was reading, if you couldn't see."

"I had a bad dream." I stated as my reasoning.

Jean put the script down on the night stand and wrapped his arms around me, his face, facing mine.

"Again? About Ryder?" He asked softly, stroking my hair.

Jean was just like any other rowdy guy when he was out with his friends or partying, or just in general, but he always knew when to turn that off and be serious, especially with me. His soft spot for me grew bigger after Ryder. In all honesty I think it hurt Jean more then anything seeing how badly the end of the relationship effected me.

"Yeah. I don't know why i've been having them recently, but I don't really want to talk about it." I said shaking my head, scooting closer to Jean. He kissed my nose, his thumb caressing my cheek now.

"That's okay, just get some rest okay."

"mhmm." I hummed in response.

"Wait Jean."

"Yes."

"You're really good friends with Connie right?" I asked curiously. Jean laughed.

"Oh god... yes." He said hesitantly. 

"He's sweet, I talked to him in the kitchen a few minutes ago."

"Connie has never been sweet to a woman before." Jean and I laughed.

"One last question."

"God I thought you wanted to sleep."

"Just shut up and listen to me." I said smacking Jean's cheek softly.

"Would he break my heart?"

Jean didn't answer for a second, I could tell he was thinking.

"Connie's never really liked a girl enough to make her his girlfriend before, so I don't know for sure.... but I do know something." He said pausing.

"hmm?"

"Connie helped me give you advice on what to do about Ryder without knowing he was helping you. A lot of the time I didn't know how to help so I asked him."  Jean paused again.

"He said that he wanted to know who I was giving his advice to, so he could take them out and show them how guys are supposed to treat girls."

I giggled.

"So no, I don't think Connie would break your heart, and if he ever were to id beat the shit out of him." He finished.

"Goodnight Jean. I love you." I said laughing.

"I love you more."