chapter 9

THE NEXT MORNING
Y/N'S POV
_________________

i woke up the next morning alone.

a sticky note was placed on connies pillow reading that he had gone to the gym and would be back around 10am.

i looked over at the alarm clock that read 10:18. i slowly got out of connies bed and made my way downstairs, but was stopped by jean.

"y/n i forgot to ask you. what was in the box? was it from slater?" jean said putting his arm around me as we walked down the steps together.

i paused, debating if i should tell him was it actually was. i didn't want him involved again, mostly because i didn't want him getting hurt. jean hated ryder more than anyone. he knew from the very beginning he was bad for me, yet i didn't listen.

i quickly decided if anyone should know what's going on, it's jean.

"it was from ryder. don't worry about. i'll handle it." i said quietly.

jeans eyes widened as he heard what i said.

"y/n.."

"jean it's fine i promise."

"does connie know?"

"no, and i plan on keeping it that way for now, so shut up about it for now please."

jean shook his head as we made our way to the kitchen. connie was there with reiner, both with no shirts.

"didnt know i lived with tools." jean said as he grabbed a gatorade from the fridge.

connie snaked an arm around my waist and flexed with his other. reiner seemed unfazed by connies antics, which made me think they were talking about me at their little gym date.

or connie just did that with every girl.

"you say tool like it's a bad thing? and i'm bigger then you too now bro so looks like you needa start livin like me." connie said dropping his head into my neck.

i backed into him more, causing him to tense up. especially down there. i felt his hot breath in my neck. i quickly moved away from him, remembering that jean and reiner were literally right there.

connie huffed in disappointment which earned him a glare from me.

i grabbed my phone off the counter and saw a text from sasha.

sasha

do you wanna go out
with me and the girls later?
maybe at like 9ish? i'll
pick you up. dress nice

y/n
yeah ofc. see you then <3

HOURS LATER
SASHA'S CAR
____________

"you have the nicest clothes i swear." sasha said getting into the drivers seat of her range rover.

"nah i usually never dress up like this." i said adjusting my seatbelt.

i was wearing a baby blue slip dress by alice + olivia's i bought from saks. on my feet were white valentino sneakers. i had a few silver pieces of jewelry on to match the shoes, and a white mini purse.

i never used to dress like this honestly, but modeling gave me opportunities to start. when i was a kid, my mom would buy me and my siblings school clothes from goodwill, just to sorta save extra money for food, bills, or house repairs.