chapter 8

Y/N'S POV
A FEW HOURS LATER
_____________________

"i'll always protect you."

i couldn't stop thinking about it. what we talked about in bed. those words made me feel little, as much as they were sweet. in all honesty, i did need some protecting, and i learned that the hard way, hence why i moved an entire country away.

luckily, ryder wasn't an issue anymore, or for now, i guess.

i shivered at the thought of him coming back into my life. that was definitely something i wasnt mentally prepared to deal with for a second time, even though i knew deep down he would probably try to find me again. after all, he was obsessed with me.

and not the kind of "clingy boyfriend that you get tired of in a couple months" obsessed, i'm talking obsessed obsessed.

but i haven't heard from him or about him in months now, which worried me.

it made me think he was planning something.

i pushed the thought out of my mind and slowly got out of bed. it was around 8pm now, and it sounded like connie was downstairs playing video games. i walked down the stairs to see him and jean playing COD on the couch.

"good morning sunshine." jean said seemingly in a good mood.

"you slept all day y/n!" connie said sarcastically.

i rolled my eyes and sat down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder. i could sense jean watching me, but i knew he wouldn't ask anything, for now.

i wrapped my arms around connie's bicep and watched him play. i didn't really get the hype of video games, but watching connie be serious and actually focus on something was kinda hot.

hi tongue was hanging slightly out of his mouth and his eyebrows were furrowed. i lifted my head slightly and gave connie a quick kiss on the cheek. he smiled and wrapped his arm around me, reconnecting his hand with the controller.

"alright i wasn't gonna say anything, but now i am, the fuck is going on?" jean said with a chuckle at the end.

"friends can't cuddle?" connie said nonchalantly, putting his focus back on the game.  i smiled to myself. i knew connie wanted to take things slow and i was complaining okay with that. relationships can be exhausting when neither of you are ready to be in one. all i knew was that connie would be here when i'm ready, and i'll be here when he's ready.

my thoughts were cracked when i heard the door bell ring. i went to get up to get it but jean stopped me.

"no please, allow me, i wouldn't want you and connie to have to stop cuddling." he said getting up.

"nigga you jealous i stole your girl or sum?" connie said pulling me closer to him. jean laughed, walking towards the door.

"something like that con'." jean said hitting the back of his head. jean answered the door revealing a medium sized box with a piece of paper taped to it.

"for y/n." jean read out.

weird. i hadn't given anyone my address except slater, but i mean it could be from her.

"whatchu want me to do with this y/n." jean called out.

"mm just leave it on the counter, i'll open it later."

"it's weird, this box is extremely light, it feels empty."

"probably slaters attempt of surprising me with something."

"your right, have you spoke to her since you got here?" jean asked. him and slater got pretty close after i introduced them once when jean came to visit. he treats slater just how he treats, me:
like a sister