chapter 7

Y/N'S POV
5 HOURS LATER
___________

"connie? you sleeping bu- what the hell..."

my eyes shot open to see eren standing in the doorway. i tried my best to cover my chest with the blankets in time, but failed.

"i'm not even gonna ask, just tell connie we're going out and he has to be ready in twenty minutes.... if he even wanna come." eren said pointing between the two fo you.

"got it." i said awkwardly before eren left the room.

i looked over at connie who was still peacefully sleeping. he was hurried under the covers, but his pretty face still showing. he looked peaceful.

unfortunately i had to ruin that peace.

"connie wake up." i said softly before gently shaking him awake.

"hmmm" he hummed before snaking his arm back around me, pulling me closer to him.

"connie the guys are going out and you need to be ready soon if you want to go with them." i said caressing his cheek. his eyes fluttered open, but shut once again.

"who said i want to go out with them."

"you are so difficult."

"naw i'm tryna spend time with you, not guys i've known since i was 14." he stated.

"fair enough."

he brought me even closer to him, which made that feeling come back.

butterflies.

"whatchu wanna do ma. it's only 1."

"just wanna talk."

"jus wanna talk huh?" he repeated back to me.

i wanted to know more about connie. his life. how his mind was. i wanted to know it all.

"what's your middle name?"

he looked at me with squinted eyes.

"don't tell anyone, or ill kill you. it's aspen." he said looking away.

"aspen? isn't that a girl name?" i asked moving his head back to face me.

"it was my grandma's name, and my mom really liked it, and i have no sisters so i guess i got stuck with it."

"any brothers?"

"why you needa know? you tryna hop from brother to brother?" connie said ruffling my hair.

"you're an asshole. i just want to know more about you. you're very closed off, you know."

"opening up to people gets you hurt." he said looking into my eyes. "i've been through a lotta shit y/n, it may take me awhile to tell you everything, as much as i want to. it's jus hard for me."

i placed a small kiss on his lips.

"i get that. i'm always here for you though."