Now and Beyond

Haewon walks into his house bringing her filled out application form and other documents. Chanyeol promised to accompany her to the university to submit the form. They have one week of spring vacation and decided to use it to busy themselves with college admission process. Haewon is about to slide open his already slightly opened bedroom door when she hears him talking.

"She's THAT special, huh?"

"Yeah! She is," he smiles to himself.

Haewon peeks over the door and spots Chanyeol sitting on the floor with his guitar on his lap and his phone pressed to his ear. She quickly hides behind the door when Chanyeol slightly turns his head towards the door.

"So you're not coming here?"

"Sorry hyung. I think we'll have to wait longer for us to meet again," he chuckles. "Why don't you come back here to Korea."

"Want to. But can't. Maybe in a few years? Haha."
Chanyeol chuckles under his breath.

"Hey. So~ you're not even going to do the online interview thing?"

"Well... I guess not. They gave me time until the end of this week to do the online interview. But with this decision I made, I don't think I'll be doing it."

The guy on the other line sighs. "You're sure about this decision though? I mean... Dude! You've been dreaming to enter that university for so long!"

"I know... I know...," Chanyeol sighs. "Entering AIM was my dream, but she's an even sweeter dream that I have achieved!" He laughs heartily.

"Aish! This boy! Araso! Geumane! Now I understand that you're head over heels for her. I'm getting goosebumps because of your cheesiness. Seriously!

"Well...what can you say. I guess I get cheesy because I love her too much!" Chanyeol lets out a laughter again.

"No! You have ALWAYS been cheesy!" The guy laughs along too. "Araso. I gotta go now," he says after his laughter dies down. "Take care of yourself there. And do reconcile with my sister. Oh! Say hi to your girlfriend from me."

"Araso, hyung!" He glances at the clock hung on his wall. "I gotta go too. See you when I see you, hyung! Bye!"

Haewon heard it all from behind his door. Though she couldn't hear what the person on the other line said, she clearly heard what Chanyeol said.

She quickly runs to the front door when she hears Chanyeol's steps getting near. She slightly opens the front door pretending she just entered when Chanyeol walks out of his room and sees her.

"Hey! You just came?" Chanyeol asks with a grin.

"Y-yeah!" She answers stuttering while rubbing the back of her neck.

"Have you prepared all the documents needed?" She nods to him. "Let's go then!" He walks toward her and puts his arm around her neck like he used to when they were still in their 'siblings' relationship.

----------
You're being selfish, Haewon!
Her heart keeps on telling herself.
You should've let him go!

"Let's get down here?" He suggests.

"Here?"

"Yeah. Let's go to the park." She agrees and both of them get down from the bus. They just got back from the university.

They walk side by side at the park. The white blanket had melted away, no more to be seen. Now, the park is decorated with trees that are starting to gain back their green leaves , and with yellow forsythia flowers that brighten up every hearts of the visitors as they announce the arrival of spring. The only thing left of winter is its slightly cold air.