Warmth

The next day, I get a slight cold. But not Chanyeol. He gets a fever. Of course he does. He gave his jacket to me and let himself shiver in cold. Thank God it's Sunday, not school day.

"You guys, should've brought an umbrella. You know rain usually comes during autumn," nags mom as she puts a cold towel over Chanyeol's forehead to decrease the fever while he lays down- his body covered in thick blanket.

We're in Chanyeol's house right now. This is actually the first time I visit his house. He's always the one visiting our house. His is not that different with ours. The only difference is his house is a bit smaller with only one bed room.

I just sit there on his bed watching mom taking care of him.

Mom's phone suddenly rings.

"Yoboseyo? Oh, Mrs. Lee! Omo! I forgot about that. Araso..araso.. I'll be going to your place. Mmm. See you."

"What is it about, mom?"

"I forgot Mrs. Lee asked me to help her prepare food for her son's birthday party. Haewon-ah, can you stay here and take care of Chanyeol? Oh wait! But you're not feeling well too. Omo! Eotteoke?"

"Aniyo... I'm fine. I'll take care of him. You can go. Mrs. Lee must be waiting for you." I smile assuring Mom that I'm fine.

"Araso. Make a chicken soup for him and for yourself, okay?" says Mom as she stands up and walks to the door. I nod in reply.

We're now alone in his room. He's not asleep but he closes his eyes and shivers.

"You should've worn your jacket like I told you! And now, look at how sick you are."

"I'm fine as long as you don't catch a fever," he smiles opening his eyes a bit to look at me.

I only sigh and shake my head. "I'll go make a chicken soup for us."

After a moment, I come back with two bowls of soup for us.

"Chanyeol-ah, can you get up and sit down?" I softly ask him as I tap his shoulder.

He then gets up and I help him. I adjust the pillows so that he can lean comfortably. I can feel him staring at me while I do so.

He chuckles and says, "I am willing to get sick everyday if I can get this treatment from you."

"Ya!" I slap his arm lightly.

I sat on his bed and we both eat the soup. The warmth of the soup helps relieve my blocked nose so that I can freely breathe again.

After eating the soup, I help him lay down and tuck him in the blanket. He smiles looking at me like a child happy to see his mother do so.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing.." he smiles and closes his eyes.

"You should get some sleep. I'll wash the bowls first."

After washing the bowls, I get back to his room and find him shivering even under the thick blanket. I quickly come to his side and sit on his bed.

"Ya! Are you okay?" I put my hand on his forehead and it feels like his skin is burning.

"I'll take another cold towel!" I exclaim in panic.

He suddenly grabs my wrist when I am about to stand.

"No need.."

"Ya! You're burning! I need to get a-"

"Hug," he softly says.

"Ne?" I ask not sure of what I just heard.

"Can...can..you hu..hug me?" He asks while shivering.