Family

I can't believe the guest is him!

"Haewon, this is Chanyeol!" my mom introduces.

"Oh! Hi!" That's all I can say because I am still surprised.

"He's the one I texted this morning," Mom explains as she holds one of his arms with both of her hands.

"He's our new neighbor!" adds my Dad.

"Ye?" I blurt out.

What?! He's my neighbor?
I thought still in a daze.

"I just moved here a few days ago," explains Chanyeol with a smile afterwards showing a dimple on his left cheek.

"Aah..I see." I nod and smile.

We stand there staring at each other with a smile in a minute of silence. His eyes look like they sparkle and his gaze is very gentle. I feel like I can't take my eyes off of him.

CLAP

My dad claps his hands once (surprising me!) as he says,"Okay now! Let's sit down!"

"I'll prepare the Dinner!" says Mom.

"I-i-I'll take a shower and change my clothes first!"

I hurriedly go to my room not even looking at Chanyeol who is sitting down with my dad.

I enter my room and slide the door behind me.

Phew. I don't think I can sit there with him without blushing.
I thought.

"Ey! Why should I blush!" I talk to myself.
"He's just your neighbor and schoolmate!" I say while hitting the top of my head a few times.

But those eyes. That gaze. That gentle gaze. They remind me of Eustace 's.

Maybe that's why I was blushing.

I take a shower and change my clothes. I walk out of my room and see my dad with his guitar on his lap while Chanyeol is explaining something to him. It's been years since my dad last play his guitar. I even forget that he has one. He seems so happy to find someone who has the same interest with him.

"Haewon-ah! Can you help me prepare the dinner?" my mom calls me.

"Yes, mom!" I answer as I walk to the kitchen.

I enter the kitchen and help Mom cut some onions.

As I was cutting the onions, Mom asks, "Haewon-ah, he's cute right?"

"Ye?"

"He's also very kind and polite," Mom adds. "I knew he's a good kid since the first time I met him. You should just date him. He will be a great son-in-law!" She chuckles.

"Mom!" I exclaim and sigh in annoyance. "I just met him today. I don't even know who he is."

"Araso araso. Take all the time you need to know him!" She smiles and pauses a few seconds and continues, "But you don't really know that boy either, and yet you're waiting for him," Mom says teasingly.

"Who says I don't? I did know him!" I pout.

"Then where is he right now?"

"I know him. I just don't know where he is." I continue, "ah mom, why are we even talking about this?"

"Araso. I'll stop," she says as she giggles.

After almost an hour, the dinner is finally ready. I help Mom prepare the table.

"Yeobo! Chanyeol! Come let's eat," says Mom.

We all sit down.
Dad sits in front of me with Mom besides him and Chanyeol sits beside me on my right.