사랑해

"One peppermint chocolate chip on a cone, please."

"And one raspberry sherbet in a cup."

"Haewon-ah, wanna try mine?"

"Eww no! You have licked your ice cream, Eustace!" Haewon answered disgusted and he only laughed.

Present Day
"Here we are!" Haewon shows Bokyung the ice cream shop she has been telling her as they both stand in front of it one fine Saturday. The shop is located not far from the park, and though it is small, it serves delicious homemade ice creams.

"So this is the place huh?" Bokyung smiles widely clasping her hand. "Let's go inside then!" Haewon smiles and nods looking at how excited her best friend is.

"Oh! Haewon-ah!" A voice suddenly calls stopping both in their steps. They turn to the one who called her. It's Chanyeol with his usual flashy smile. But he is not alone. His hand is holding a chubby boy's hand.

"Oh hi, Chanyeol!" Haewon greets him still in a surprise. She turns to the unfamiliar boy and greets him with a smile, "Hi there!" The boy bows and smiles back.

"Were you going in here?" asks Chanyeol pointing at the ice cream shop.

"Yeah! You?"

"I was going to buy him an ice cream too. Let's go in together then."

----
"One chocolate ice cream on a cone and one peppermint chocolate chip ice cream in a cup," orders Chanyeol.

His order surprises Haewon for a second.
He doesn't order it on a cone though.

"And two of raspberry sherbet ice creams on a cone, please," Haewon adds the order for Bokyung and herself. They both are ordering while Bokyung is accompanying the boy and -wow!- they quickly get along.

"So who's that boy? Hara's brother?"

"No." He laughs. "Hara only has an oppa who is now living abroad. I met the boy at the park. He was sitting alone while crying. He kept on crying so I told him I would buy him an ice cream if he stop and give me a smile."

It is very similar to how Haewon met Eustace. Usually, this kind of story might trigger her to walk down the memory lane. But not today. She only nods to Chanyeol's words.

Actually, ever since she rejected Chanyeol, not one real thought of Eustace crosses her mind despite him being one of the many reasons that held her back from accepting Chanyeol. Instead, Chanyeol is the one who has been occupying her mind lately.

Haewon was going to pay for her and Bokyung, but Chanyeol insists on paying for all of them.

"It's not like I'm doing this for a stranger." He smiled at her after handing the money.

"Here you go!" Chanyeol hands the chocolate ice cream to the boy whose eyes widen and lips curl into a grin at the sight of the chocolate ice cream.

"Thank you, hyung!" He then happily licks his ice cream.

"By the way, Bokyung, Chanyeol paid for ours too," informs Haewon.

"Aah...thanks, Chanyeol, but you shouldn't have."

"Eyy...it's okay. Haewon's friend is my friend too."

"Ah right! I haven't formally introduce both of you have I?" Haewon's question makes both of her friends laugh.

"You mention her a lot that I feel like I have known her," replies Chanyeol.

"She did? Well you know what she talks about you a lot too - like EVERYDAY. How you play your guitar, how you sing, how jealous she was when you're with Hara, how-Ah!" Haewon's eyes widen in panic and she quickly steps on Bokyung's foot. Chanyeol holds in his laughter obviously knowing what just happened. Haewon glares at Bokyung before finally turning to the boy, who is enjoying his chocolate ice cream, with a smile.