Chapter 4

BEN RUSHED OUT AND RILEYjumped into the front seat, leaving Alex in the back

jumped into the front seat, leaving Alex in the back.

"Start the van." Ben yelled and Alex looked out of the window and noticed that Abigail Chase was following him.

"Ben, the Declaration lady's behind you," Riley stated as Ben started walking closer.

The two started talking when the alarm went off, signalling that they had realised the decleration had been stolen.

"Security, over here, give me that," Abigail said as she grabbed the decleration and started running across the street again.

Suddenly, Ian and his gang grabbed Abigail and started driving off, "Drive!" Ben yelled as he jumped into the car next to Riley and Alex sat in the back, hands gripping onto the seat.

"Turn right!" Ben screamed as Riley chased after the van.

Before they could even comprehend the situation Abigail grabbed onto the back of the van with one hand and the decleration with the other.

Ben jumped into the back and opened the van door and Alex jumped into the front seat next to Riley

Ben grabbed onto Abigail and pulled her into the van but the decleration was left with Ian as Riley sped off, away from Ian and his crew.

"Are you all right?" Ben asked and Abigail tried to fight against him as the two sat in the backseat.

"You are all lunatics!" She screamed and Ben kept asking her a load of pointless questions like if she was hungry until he asked if she was alright.

"Still a little on edge from being shot at, but I'll be OK. Thanks for asking." Riley said looking back at the two before seeing Alex laughing in the front seat. Abigail started yelling about how Ian had the Declaration of Independence.

Riley suddenly looked at Alex who looked furious "She lost it?!" Alex yelled out as she turned her head back to look at her.

"They don't have it." Ben said as he pulled the real Declaration out so that they could all see that they have the actual copy.

"Look at it? OK?" He said practically shoving it in her face. "Ian has a duplicate copy so you owe my $35 plus tax,"

Abigail asked who the men that just tried to kidnap here was and they all kind of looked at each other, wondering whether they should tell her the truth or not.

"The men we warned you were gonna  steal the Declaration. We did the only thing we could do to keep it safe." Ben explained and Abigail screamed.

"Verdammt! Give me that!" She yelled out before trying to grab the Declaration. "I want that document, Mr. Brown."

"My name is Gates not Browns," he explained and they couldn't see whether she looked angry, scared, intruiged or confused.

"Wait a minute, did you just say Gates? Who are they then? Oh, you are part of that family with the conspiracy theory about the Founding Fathers?" Abigail questioned.

"Alex Gates, Riley Poole, we aren't actually married," she explained, feeling that she needed to state that fact.

"It's not a conspiracy theory." Ben said, his brows furrowed as he looked at her angrily.

"Per se." Riley said, his voice a little louder than a whisper. She elbowed him in the ribs and he laughed slightly, shaking his head.

"You are not liars. You're insane." Abigail said and they all sat in quiet for a second until Ben explained that he had used his credit card to pay for the copy of the Declaration.

"A credit-card slip? Dude, we're on the grid. They'll have your records from forever. They'll have my records from forever. They'll have Alex's records from forever," Riley  exclaimed, panic flashing over his eyes as Alex looked over at him.

"I know and it is only a matter of minutes before the FBI shows up at my front door." Ben explained and Alex sighed realising something.

"We need those letters," she said looking back at her brother before looking at Riley who nodded.

"Take a right Ri," she explained and he took the right. He knew the directions because he met their dad once for a small amount of time when Alex was in college and he came to visit her during the Christmas holiday.

But she left with Riley after 30 minutes because her dad was making fun of her decision to go looking for the treasure with her brother once she finished school.

"What letters?" Abigail asked and Ben explained that they had the silence doogood letters, Abigail making a snarky remark of how they probably stole them as well but Ben just laughed it off, explaining that they had scans of it.

"But how'd you get scans?" She asked and Ben sighed.

"Oh, we know the person who has the originals. Now shush." Alex explained and Abigail started asking a load of questions and they pulled over at the park across the street from her dads house.

"I will let you hold onto this if you'll promise to shut up, please." Ben said and she held onto the decleration like her life depended on it.

"Ben, Alex you know what you have to do." Riley said as they stood out of the car.

"I'm just trying to think of anything else we could do." Ben said as he looked around and saw Riley staring at his little sister

"We do have a lot of people after us Ben. It took you all of two seconds to decide to steal the Declaration of Independence." Riley explained as Alex leaned her head on his shoulder, Ben watching as Riley lit up bright red.

"Yeah, but I didn't think I was gonna personally have to tell my dad about it." Ben explained and Alex was about to say something about how she felt about it when Abigail grabbed the decleration tighter and made a run for it.

"Hey, not cool!" Ben yelled as he grabbed her, listening to her yelling for him to let her go.

"OK. You're free to go. Go, shoo," he said letting her go and she stood there without the decleration but Ben had it in his grasps.

"I'm not going anywhere without the Declaration." She said grabbing onto it and Bsn made his grip on it even tighter.

"You will not going anywhere with the Declaration." He said and the two fought for a little bit.

"Yes, I am. This decleration is not leaving my sight, so I'm coming with you" She said grabbing onto it but he took it out of her hands.

"Listen to me, if you wanted to leave me behind, you shouldn't have told me where you were going." She said raising her eyebrows.

Ben sighed looking at his sister who nodded her head, she agreed that Abigail would be a strong member of the team.

"To our dads?" Alex asked and Ben sighed, wrapping his shoulder around his little sistsers arms.

"I guess we have to go," he said and the four of them started walking across the street towards the house.

1178 words