Chapter 25

ALEX ROLLED DOWN THE DIRT,trying to hide her screams as they landed on some kind of platform with four sides

trying to hide her screams as they landed on some kind of platform with four sides. Alex looked up to see her parents as they disappeared from sight.

The thing tilted as everyone stood up. Riley and Alex were in one corner as Ben hung off the edge. Her hands clawed at Riley's jacket in fear as she tried to reach her brother, the floor moving every time she took a step.

Everyone was in a state of confusion as they stood in their four corners. Riley and Alex together with the other 3 in their own corners. Somehow the weight was balancing well in the conditions.

"We have to balance our weight to even this thing out," Ben explained as he helf his arms out in an attempt to balance himself, everyone else followed suit. Alex let go of Riley, her body shaking all over as she held her arms out.

Mitch moved his flashlight so he was pointing down the hole, "There's nothin'. Just a big ol' black hole," he explained. Abigails flashlight scanned the room and landed on a ladder.

"Guys look, there is a ladder, I mean what's left of a ladder really," she said and Ben nodded his head.

"Toss me the light," he said and Abagail complied, throwing the light which Ben caught with ease.

"Riley, Alex. Move slowly to that corner," Ben ordered and they slowly moved over.

"No! Wait." Ben yelled out and they stopped, Alex's hand tightly squeezing Riley's, "As I move to this corner. One step at a time. If we can raise this corner, I think that I'll reach it."

They started moving until everyone reached their respective corners. Suddenly Mitch moved forward a bit so that Ben and Alex fell to the ground as they were both on opposite sides.

"You're not helping!" Riley said angrily as he helped Alex up.

"I can get up there just as easy as you." Mitch said, moving slightly again so that the thing tilted again.

"Just stop." Ben ordered angrily and Mitch smiled again.

"It's three against one here. I ain't going last, and if I'm not going last, I might as well go first." Mitch explained his side of the idea as he approached Ben so the platform was becoming more tilted.

"Look, what's it gonna be?" Mitch said and Abigail moved closer to Riley and Alex to balance the platform.

"We'll do this your way." Ben said as he slowly moved to Mitchs corner and had Mitch moved to Bens whilst Abigail moved back to hers.

"The rest of us, on my count of three, all move together." Ben said gesturing to the middle near where Riley and Alex were.

"One step at a time. One, two, three. Go." He said, stepping forward so that all four of them were near the middle but closer to where Riley and Alex were standing. Mitch's side had tilted up and he had grabbed onto the ladder.