7 || Amie

Amie shrieks a little bit, jumping out of her seat. Her fingers fly across the screen, typing frantically.

Reese, call me right fucking now

It really feels like hours, but finally she gets a FaceTime call from an unknown number, and picks it up, her face pale.

Reese's camera is pointed at the ceiling, but he quickly tilts it back to his laughing face. There are still daisies in his hair. "You like you just saw a ghost."

"How are you so fucking calm, dude. How the fuck did I not pick up on this." Amie giggles almost hysterically, still kind of in shock."

He joins her in laughing. "Amie—Amie, calm down. It's okay."

Amie inhales. Calm down. He's still Reese. "It's okay, I know. It's just I'm surprised that I never fucking noticed," she continues, "That- I don't know, okay?"

"That you literally went to get boba with your favorite streamer and didn't say anything?" He supplies, with a chuckle.

She panics a bit. "Reese, this doesn't have to change anything, right?"

"You didn't deny the fact that I said favorite streamer."

Amie rolls her eyes. "I'm actually serious. We can still be friends, right? You know I won't doxx you or anything?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm not worried about that, I'm just a little bit worried that the chat picked up on it."

She closes the FaceTime app, turning off her camera, but stays on the speakerphone call. "They certainly did, Sprinkles. I don't think we should keep anything a secret, just maybe confirm what happened?" Amie opens her photos and looks at the camera roll. "God damn it, how many selfies did you take?" She opens FaceTime again to see him silently laughing, rolling over on his bed out of the frame.

"Uh, a... a lot?" He giggles, and she opens the camera roll again, finding her favorite selfie from when they had flowers in their hair.

She clicks the markup icon and starts to doodle a Ranboo mask and glasses on each of their faces. "Clearly." She finishes the drawing and sends it to him.

" She finishes the drawing and sends it to him

Let's confuse the subs :D

"Yes, let's confuse the subs," he snickers, his camera turning off. "Can I post this on Twitter?" She agrees, and checks the page, reloading.

Amie rolls her eyes. "This is weird with FaceTime, want to come over here? Nobody's home anyways."

Reese's camera turns back on and he smiles. "Sure. Where are you?"

"72 Rockaway. The light-purpley house with no car in the driveway? So I can't...even...get...food." She groans at the realization. "Shall I order pizza? If you want pizza."

"Sure, pizza sounds fine, toppings don't matter. I'm not far away, I'll be there in a few minutes." He shuts off the call and Amie stands up, setting down her phone and putting away her empty ice cream bowl.

When she gets back she looks over her room, and starts shoving clothes into her drawer, phone held to her shoulder as she waits on the Strada Pizza employee to pick up her call.

As soon as the person taking orders picks up, Amie asks for a large pepperoni pizza with black olives and onions; gives them the address, and hangs up. She looks out the window in her room, but sees Reese nowhere.

She recalls how funny Reese's expression had been when the woman at Black Sugar Boba had assumed that they were dating. He had laughed and glanced at her out of the corners of his eyes, looking flustered.

They were sitting at the park to drink, and when Reese had finished his boba he still had tapioca pearls left in the cup. He sucked some up into his straw and blew them at her. "Like a pea-shooter," he had tried to explain, but she hadn't had any idea what he meant. She just retaliated, and they had a full-on game of dodgeball (boba edition), running around the park.

(A/N yes my friends and I do this on a regular basis)

Her phone rings, snapping her out of her haze. She picks it up and it's Reese.

"I'm here, please let me in," he says as soon as she answers the call, and Amie throws down her phone and runs to open the door. "Hey new bestie," he greets her, and opens his arms for a hug. He smells like clementines.

"Hi!" She returns the gesture and cranes her neck a bit to see him. "Come in, before the neighbors report me to my mom for having you over!"

He smiles, following her inside. "How are you?"

"I'm in fucking shock," she sighs truthfully, "but I'm good. You?"

"I'm fine." Reese sits at the counter and looks around. "You have a nice house."

"Thanks? How do I respond to that?" He's not sure, so he shrugs and she laughs. "I have minecraft on my PC, want to play?"

"Ooh, fun. Do you play Survival or do you build on Creative?"

She beckons him upstairs and shows him around her room. "Both, but I have a survival world going at the moment."

"Nice, but how will both of us play?" Reese asks. Amie holds up her phone.

"I can play on one of my Pocket edition worlds if you promise not to blow anything important up."

He gives her a goofily wary look. "I won't try to blow anything up."

"Okay, you know what, if you don't fuck up any of my gear or my house, fine."

Reese smiles and clicks the space bar on her keyboard until the computer and monitor turn on. "I won't fuck up any of your gear, I promise."

"Language! Language. Oh my god, you just swore. Wow. I made Ranboo swear, clip it, guys! Clip that!" She covers her mouth with a hand in fake shock, opening Spotify discreetly. "Clip it!"

"No, no, I was just making a point—." He shakes his head as she interrupts him with music from her phone and a grin eerily similar to Tubbo's evil smile.

"I'm on a sugar crash,

I ain't got no fucking cash,

maybe I should take a bath,

cut my fucki—"

"Oh my god turn it off, turn it off." Reese rolls her gaming chair toward her and reaches for the phone, laughing. "Please, turn it off."

Amie waves the phone in the air with a giggle, and because he's still sitting, he can't reach it. "Luh-mao, luh-mao. Shortboo moment," she says, trying to keep a straight face as he stands, towering over her. "Hey, wait, no, let me have my pride, no wait, stop!"

He snatches the phone and tosses it on the bed. "Please, enough," he chuckles. "I already put up with Tubbo enough when he realizes that the short girl in the store I told him about was the ice cream girl from his chat."

"And I was so oblivious too," she buries her face in her hands with a laugh-sigh-noise, still a bit overwhelmed. "How the fuck did I not notice that it was you?"

Reese sits back down in the chair, turning it to face her. She notices his silence and peeks out from between two of her fingers to see his calm smile. "It's okay, Amie."

"For a second I thought you were going to language me." He puts a hand on hers, taking it off her face so she can see again, and keeps it wrapped in his own hand when it falls to her lap.

"Nope, you're safe here."

Remember to vote, loviesss!! -Chai