The End!

I know it was short, but I will now inform you of the true ending of this story.

I'm not about to leave you in tears.

Yah I am.

One last note:

(Deirdre's POV)

I watched as Dream brought the axe to my neck.

"Dream you don't have to do this." I say, not letting him know I'm in fear.

"Oh but I do Deirdre. You make Ranboo happy." And he sliced slowly into my neck, causing me to bleed. 

I yelp in pain, but bring my own axe to his throat.

I promise.

"This is for Ranboo." I tell Dream.

I drag the axe down his throat and plunge it into his chest.

"You killed my sister and tried to kill me! You hurt my big brother, and you murdered my parents. You are an evil man Dream"

I pulled my axe out of his chest, where he still looked at me, breathing shallowly.

I plunge the axe into his right leg.

"this is for killing my mom."

And into his right.

"That was for killing my dad."

And into his left arm.

"That was for killing Emma."

And into his right arm.

"That was for almost killing me."

And I sliced off his head.

"And that, was for torturing my brother."

The only thing I didn't plan for, was Sapnap coming up behind me, and plunging his sword into my back, leaving me to bleed out as my inky blood poured across the field we fought on.

"I love you Ranboo. I'm sorry I couldn't come home."

I yelled out, hoping somehow, someway he would hear me.

The sun set on the war, and everyone left, assuming I was dead.

At approximately midnight, I took my final breath, and said one last thing.

"Promises are meant to be broken. But at least I was able to fulfill my last one to you Ranboo. Even though I will not return to your arms, I killed the person I vowed to kill. Dream is dead, and so am I. And one more thing. Even if you can't hear me, I Promise, that I will ALWAYS be with you, and you are very strong.

You will always be,

My

Perfect

Hybrid."

—<{<>}>—

Bells rung out in the City of L'manburg that evening, as they had lost one of their warriors. A very Injured Tommy, and an Unconscious Wilbur, returned with Phil that afternoon, leaving Deirdre's body, and would come back for it.

With Dream dead, L'manburg was a free nation.

Yet, Now, Reader, you know the story of how Ranboo was raised.

You've heard a tale of a troubled child.

You've heard a tale of a depressed teenager.

But now, Reader, you've heard the tale,
Of a broken person.

Shattered under the weight of Anxiety.

Now you know, that even though this story ends on a sad note, that promises will always find a way to reunite themselves with the person the were promised too.

And even though Deirdre died,

Ranboo will always be

The Perfect Little Halfling.

Or, as the kingdom of Lancaster might've called him,

The Hybrid.