Chapter 4: Do you think?

"Summer vacation is about to start. What are your plans?" Jungwon asked while we're walking to the bus station.

I couldn't call him my bestfriend yet, but I trust him enough with my thoughts sometimes. I even told him the situation my family is currently facing.

He's a good listener and he always gives sound advice when I needed one.

"Bold of you to assume I have plans." I scoffed. "I'll just lay on my bed all day, catching up on the sleepless nights our teachers made us go through all year."

"Stop being so dramatic." Jungwon rolled his eyes, irritated. "You should get out and enjoy the life outside your home. We're not young forever, you know."

I smiled at his response. I got his point but even if I want to, we couldn't go anywhere. My mother is busy working three jobs that she barely have time for a day off, much more a vacation.

"You know I can't, Jungwon" I sighed. "Mom is already having a hard time providing for us both. We can't afford to spend money for any of that luxuries."

"Point taken." Jungwon dropped the topic immediately. He knows how emotional I get whenever we're talking about my family. "By the way, there's something that I've been dying to ask you lately."

"Sure. What is it?" I asked.

"Do you think Sunghoon has a crush on you?"

I almost tripped with his question. This guy is so random. Where in the world did he get that impression?

"Of course not! What are you talking about?"

"Well, he's always been a quiet kid. It's actually the first time I saw him make an effort to be noticed." He gave me a teasing smile and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever he's doing, it's not working." I sternly said. "No person would enjoy being teased and annoyed all day."

"Maybe he didn't really know how to express himself properly. Like I've said, he's an introvert, and you are the hardest to approach."

I laughed at his statement. I should feel offended, but what he said is true.

"Whatever." I brushed him off. "Seriously, I don't think he likes me that way. Besides, I caught him staring at the shy girl in another class."

"I figured. I couldn't even pretend to not know who that person is." Jungwon shrugged.

"Then, why did you even ask?" I stared at him, dumbfounded.

"No reason. I just really want to annoy you."

Jungwon and I laughed together as we reached the bus stop. There's nothing but smiles and laughter whenever I'm with him.

Fate wasn't kind to me during my early childhood years, but I'm thankful that I crossed paths with a good friend whom I can share my joys and sorrows with.

As I rode the bus home, I passed by the park where I met the mysterious guy. I won't lie, he's been occupying my thoughts ever since that rainy summer day.

If I went back, will I get to see him again?

There's only one way to find out.