Chapter 6: Nice to meet you again

"Uhm, hello? Earth to Hayun?" The mysterious guy waved his hand, breaking me out of my reverie.

I haven't recovered from my initial shock. I still can't believe that he's really here!

"H-how did you know my name?" I asked mindlessly. I'm at loss for words right now just by looking at him.

Help me.

Instead of answering, he laughed out loud. I covered my face in humiliation. Honestly, what was I thinking?

Coming here is a big mistake. I just made a fool out of myself.

"I think I should just leave." I was about to walk away when he held my arm.

"I'm so sorry for laughing, it's not my intention to embarrass you. I was just amused by your reaction, that's all." He frantically explained. "And you're the one who told me your name before. Don't you remember?"

I suddenly recalled the time when we first met. "Ah yes, I remember it now. I'm sorry though, I forgot yours." I admitted, feeling guilty.

Instead of getting upset, he just smiled at me. "It's fine, I'll gladly tell you again. My name is Kim Sunoo." He offered me a handshake, and I accepted it with glee.

He's literally glowing, and I can't keep my eyes off him even if I try.

"I'm quite surprised that you didn't forget mine though." I told him to ease my nervousness.

There isn't much of a topic that I could think of right now. I didn't want him to think that I'm so desperate to see him again, but I can't figure out how to explain properly why I'm here either.

"Of course, I won't. It's such a beautiful name to ever forget." He said unabashedly, which made me blush. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you here? Were you looking for me?"

There's no way out of his question, so I just nodded. He doesn't seem conceited about it, but I'm still ashamed of my actions.

Sensing my awkwardness, Sunoo put his hand on my shoulder to calm me down. "Don't feel bad, please. I'm the one who told you to come back in the first place, if ever you need someone to talk to."

I stared at him in surprise, he is quite a gentleman. "I appreciate that you didn't rub it in my face. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome, I guess?" Sunoo rubbed the back of his head. "Truth to be told, I'm also waiting for you."

"Why?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Because when I witnessed you cry that day, I felt sad too. I suddenly had this urge to help you in any way I can, even if I didn't know you personally."

"You're so kind, and I'm really grateful." I genuinely responded. "Something tells me that I could trust you, Sunoo. Maybe that's why I went out of my way to find you. I want to get to know you better."

The awkward atmosphere is gone, and I can finally talk to him with ease.

"If that's so, then I'm honored." Sunoo said with all sincerity. "I'll do my best not to break your trust, Hayun. I promise."