Chapter 10: The park

"Hayun, I'm off to work!"

"Alright, Mom! Take care!" I responded and heard the door shut after a few seconds.

I've done my chores earlier, so I won't have anything to worry about before my hangout with Sunoo.

I was never fond of going out, but I'm enjoying it lately. The temperature is not too warm, and I can't deny that the sun's glow has made this afternoon walk so beautiful.

As soon as I arrived, I immediately noticed that Sunoo is sitting on the bench, waiting for me.

"You're here earlier, aren't you?" I asked with a teasing tone, which made Sunoo divert his attention to me.

"I told you, I just live around here." Sunoo responded and gave me a bright smile. "I never thought that you'll actually come back."

"What do you take me for? Of course, I will." I pouted, so he stood up and patted my head.

"I'm just kidding." I rolled my eyes at him, but he just laughed at me.

"So, what are we going to do now?" I asked.

"I don't really know many places, but I can walk you around this park if you'd like." He suggested.

"I don't think there's anything interesting around here. No offense, but this park is just what it is."

Aside from the park bench, flowers and trees, there's nothing much of a sight here. I've been passing by this park growing up, and this place doesn't look very attractive to me at all.

That's until Sunoo came.

He's very silent, so I'm worried that Sunoo might be offended for real. But as I turned to look at him, he's already staring at me.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked, mockingly.

"Well, I think so. I've been passing by this place pretty much all of my life, and I can really tell that nothing has changed around here."

"There's more to everything that our eyes can see." Sunoo stated. "Come with me, and I'll show you how beautiful this park really is."

"I don't want to. What if you're a serial killer?"

My statement made him laugh so hard that his whisker dimples are showing. The glow of the afternoon sun is making him more beautiful.

Damn, I'm so whipped.

"I couldn't even kill a bug, for goodness sake. How can I even think about killing such a cute girl like you?"

His sudden compliment made me blush. "S-stop joking like that. I'm not cute!"

"Well, you are. I wouldn't wait for you everyday if I didn't find you attractive." Sunoo said with such a sincere tone that made my heart flutter.

"Shut up! Just take me to whatever it is that you wanted to show me."

"Alright, alright!" Sunoo said then offered his hand. "I don't want you to get lost, so please take my hand and never let go of me while we're there."

Although my heart is pounding so fast when I held his hand, his warmth is comforting. It feels safe.

"Just trust me, okay?" He assured me as we started going to a path that was not familiar to me before.