Chapter 11: Keeping memories

A little bit scared, I held Sunoo's hand tighter than I intended to. I'm not really familiar with the path we're taking now.

I swear that I'm always passing by this park everytime I go to school, but I never thought that an area like this exists.

"Where are we?" I asked, since I feel like we're already far from our meeting place earlier.

"We're still at the park, don't worry." Sunoo tried to reassure me. "A lot of people don't know about this place because it's kind of secluded."

I didn't ask anymore questions after that. He told me to trust him anyway.

Instead of getting worried, I took the time to appreciate the scenery. I noticed that the view gets more beautiful in every step that we're taking.

Who would've thought that there's a hidden beauty in this boring park?

"We're here." Sunoo said, and my eyes widened upon seeing the waterfall and the flowers surrounding it.

I wanted to take a picture, but I didn't bring my phone. I thought it's not necessary anymore since Sunoo doesn't even own one. Also, I might lose it somewhere.

"Wow, Sunoo. This is amazing!" I said in awe. "Too bad I didn't bring my phone with me."

Sunoo chuckled in amusement. Suddenly, he pulled my arm so I could face him, which startled me a bit.

"Hayun, can I be honest with you?" I frowned in confusion, but still nodded. "I would prefer it if you will not bring your phone everytime we meet. I'd like to have your undivided attention when you spend time with me."

His words made my heart flutter, but I was a bit weirded out with his request.

"I just want to take a picture of this place because it's so beautiful." I reasoned out. "Besides, I want to take a picture of us together. You know, memories."

"You can still keep the memories of us together, even without taking pictures of it."

"How so?"

Sunoo smiled and caressed my face gently, which caught me off guard.

"Capture it with your eyes, and keep it in your heart. Just keep me in your heart, and I'll stay there."