Chapter 3: Curiosity

As I was looking outside our classroom window, that painful memory suddenly appeared in my mind again. I know it happened a long time ago, but the pain I'm experiencing remained the same.

Whoever said that time heals everything is a liar, or didn't fully understand what pain really is.

Until now, I didn't hear anything from my father. He completely abandoned us. I was deeply hurt, but I can't really say that I'm surprised. I didn't believe him when he said that he loves me anyway.

My mother was in a complete mess months after he left. She almost gave up on living her life, but kept it together because of me. She loves me too much, and she couldn't leave me alone to suffer because of my father's absence.

We've been there for each other through all these years. I tried to help her as much as I can, and never demanded anything. My mother is always trying her best to raise me alone, and for that I'm grateful.

As I stared at the orange sky, my thoughts wandered back to the boy I met in the rain. He has the most angelic face I've ever seen, and his warm smile suddenly made me feel giddy as I remembered it.

"Oh, you're smiling. That's new." My thoughts were interrupted because of that comment, and I rolled my eyes in response.

"Shut up, Sunghoon." That's all I managed to say because I'm not in the mood to argue with him.

"What are you thinking about? Or who, rather?" Sunghoon gave me a teasing smile, and I threw my book at him.

He finds joy in bickering with me everyday, that's why I find him very annoying.

"Let her breathe, Sunghoon. Not even a minute has passed and you're already bothering her." Jungwon scolded Sunghoon.

Deserved.

"Alright, alright! I'll stop now." Sunghoon raised his hands in surrender and went back to his seat.

Thankfully, Jungwon was there, or else Sunghoon will not leave me alone for the rest of the day.

I'm not exactly antisocial, but I find it really hard to make friends. Maybe I didn't want to get attached to anyone after everything that has happened to me.

However, there's someone I couldn't get off my thoughts. I couldn't exactly tell if it's because of curiousity, but there's something about him that really piqued my interest.

Sadly, I couldn't even remember his name.

He told me that he'll always be at the same place where I first saw him. However, I'm not even sure if I'm curious enough to try and find him again.