Chapter 1: Different Side of Me

The announcer, Daryl, lifted the microphone to his lips. "I would like to welcome everyone to the 50th annual All Valley under 18 karate championship!"

The audience applauded.

"Now, returning to the tournament from Reseda, we have..."

A bunch of students in black sleeveless gis jog in chanting, "Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!"

Daryl grinned at their enthusiasm. "Now that's what I call a badass entrance and not a bad name for a dojo either."

Once the local dojos like "All-Star Karate" from Granada Hills, "Krunch Karate," and "Topanga Karate" were standing in their assigned places, Daryl decided to announce their surprise visitors for the evening.

Daryl waited until everyone quieted down to make his announcement. "Now, can everyone put their hands together for tonight's entertainment? Welcome, Chad Brad Bradley and the Bayview High dance team!"

The audience broke out in applause as the group jogged out onto the mat.

Johnny's jaw nearly dropped when he spotted his son standing front and center of the dance team.

"Chad Brad Bradley" looked very much the part of a popular high school jock in the black sleeveless hoodie with a drawstring, matching cargo pants with silver zippers running down the length, and with his hair slicked back just enough to stay out of his eyes.

"I didn't know Robby was a dancer," Sam said, looking startled.

"Neither did I," her father muttered.

Robby accepted the microphone and addressed the crowd with a radiant smile. "Chad Brad Bradley, dance team captain, here."

(There was murmur of excitement from the crowd)

The announcer looked over at him. "On behalf of the committee board, I wanted to personally extend our gratitude to both you and your team for agreeing to perform tonight here for free."

"You really are lucky," Chad agreed, playing up the part of a conceited dancer as he pushed his hair back and looked at the announcer with a self-righteous smirk. "I doubt you could afford me otherwise."

(His dancers giggled)

Daniel blinked in shock. He'd never seen that side of his student's personality. The Robby he knew was pretty shy and would duck his head if someone complimented him.

Xander Stone's mom leaned over to whisper to them like she was about to tell them a conspiracy theory. "Don't look so stunned, LaRusso. It's just an act. Chad's a dancer, and he's got a reputation to uphold. So he's gotta play up the part of being cocky, arrogant, and full of himself."

They both nodded mutely.

The kid was a damn talented actor. He'd give him that.

A woman he'd never seen at these events before with blonde hair and wearing very 'colorful' clothes scoffed at the other mom's words. "Oh, please. Channing Tater Tot over there is as arrogant as they come. I'll admit. He's a good dancer, but not as good as my Ramona."

Xander's mom rolled her eyes.

"Go, Ramona!!" the blonde shouted.

One of the dancers (likely the poor girl's daughter) looked up into the audience despairingly and ducked her head, embarrassed by her mom's actions.