Chapter 5: Mama's little devilish child

{"One Thing Right" by Marshmello & Kane Brown began to play through the speakers}

Robby looked right at Daniel before the song began.

That distinct level of engagement was nearly missed in the excitement around them, but his sensei had seen it, and he knew it meant whatever song happened next would be about him.

The heir to Miyagi-do felt his heart sink a little, knowing he was going to be the target of his student's wrath, and he wasn't sure how he felt about that.

🎵 I've cheated, and I've lied 🎵
🎵 I've broke down, and I've cried 🎵
🎵 I've got nothing to hide no more 🎵

{Daniel's p.o.v:}

The boy's sensei didn't dare take his eyes off the performance even as it made him revisit some of the teenager's actions he'd seen tonight and how he'd basically bared his heart to everyone with his last song.

His emotions had been raw.

In his experience, that kind of blatant animosity in a teenager could only stem from a certain amount of things, and he imagined he would have connected the dots even without finding out firsthand that the blonde was his student's father.

Every interaction between them screamed 'daddy issues.'

Robby had looked aggravated and hurt like a child would when they felt alone in the world. Like his dad didn't love him or appreciate him enough and knowledge that he likely never would was the catalyst for him lashing out in such a public way.

Whereas Johnny had spent nearly that entire performance staring at his son with heartbroken eyes and feeling guilty for making his son resent him so profoundly.

'Oh god,' Daniel thought, pinching the bridge of his nose. 'These two are going to be the death of me.'

🎵I've broken people down with words 🎵
🎵More grace than I deserve, for sure 🎵

Robby looked away, intense guilt flickered across his face as he swallowed down his emotions as he continued to follow the rhythm of the choreog he'd chosen, and his sensei felt the first pangs of intense guilt gnaw at him.

'I'm sorry, kid,' Daniel thought, feeling regretful. 'I shouldn't have been so quick to accuse you of working with your dad to torment me.'

Not everyone was Terry Silver.

It was hard to remember that sometimes.

---------------------

🎵Known to be crazy, known to be wild 🎵
🎵Mama had herself a little devilish child. 🎵

{Amanda's p.o.v:}

The woman felt a fond smile twitch on her lips as she reminisced how feisty, temperamental, and rough around the edges their employee had been in the beginning.

Now that Robby's true identity had been revealed, and the truth about the real reason he'd initially joined their dealership came to light, she couldn't help but think his "sinister plot" to gain her husband's trust was downright adorable.

Robby probably thought it was the most clever idea when he came up with it. Still, it only boiled down to him getting a dealership shirt with his name on it and parading around with it on like a peacock so he'd get to witness his father have a nervous breakdown.