3

Miranda got Morgan situated in her bed. After taking medicine and placing a bottle of water on the nightstand.

Leaving out she walked to her room and took a shower. Changing into a nightgown. She combed her hair and pulled out wine and chocolate.

Ben got Johnathan in his room making sure he was good before leaving. He took a shower and put on pajamas walking to Miranda's room. He knocked waiting for her to open the door.

"Hey." Miranda greeted opening the door.

"Hey yourself."  Ben replied walking in and sitting on her bed.

"You wanted to watch movies or talk?" Miranda asked holding up wine glasses and candy.

"Talking sounds good." Ben smiled reaching for a wine glass. Miranda poured him and herself some before climbing onto the bed getting situated.

"Okay what are we talking about today?"

"For starters. When and how do you know how to pole dance." Ben asked genuinely curious. It was the sexiest thing he had ever witnessed.

"My best friend made me take classes after I got divorced. Never used the skill until tonight."

Ben nodded. "If you don't mind me asking... what happened there."

"My ex-husband gave me an ultimatum, him or my job." Miranda stated plainly and Ben eyes widened.

"I work so hard for my career I couldn't just give it up. I just wanted him to work with me until I became and attending. I must admit he did try, but not hard enough. He gave up. He wanted other things and, in the end, not me."

He wanted someone who would be on time for dates or who wouldn't have to leave in the middle of them. He wanted to come home to food on the stove and a smiling wife ready to greet him. He just wanted things that I couldn't give him all the time.

"Miranda how long have you wanted to be a surgeon?"

"Since I was in 4th grade." Miranda answered honestly.

"How old were you when you got married?" Ben questioned.

"18. Freshman year of college.

Majoring in? He asked quickly.

"Medical science."

"Exactly those plans never changed. You have been on the track to become a doctor since 4th grade and when you married him you were on the track to become a surgeon. He was there through the struggle of college, medical school and your intern year.

He knew what he was getting himself into when he married you and when he stayed married to you. He doesn't get to give you an ultimatum when your almost done. He should have been proud of his wife who had his baby and still kept pursuing her dreams. Your ex-husband was weak and did not deserve you." Ben explained.

You have to love with restrictions, trust without fear, want them without demand, and accept them for who they are.

Love isn't ultimatum's. Miranda you deserve to be respected kissed daily, and loved unconditionally forever."

Ben stood up and Miranda's eyes followed.

"Come here." He said looking at Miranda intently holding his hand out. He pulled the slightly confused Miranda towards the bathroom.

"What are we doing in here?" Miranda asked quietly.

"Look in the mirror and tell me what you see?"

"Ben what--"

"Just do it."

Miranda faced the mirror and looked at herself. "I see me." She stated softly and Ben chuckled.