Chapter 10

Narrator: Bryna

Chapter 10

My stay in Eddard turned from a day into a week. I enjoyed Freya's company too. She was a poor girl from further south in the Riverlands. Her family had been killed by King Proum and she went into prostitution to survive. She couldn't really recall what had brought her here in the first place though.

I liked the town of Eddard though. While I got nasty looks from the townsfolk, they seemed to adore Freya. Life was quiet for a bit. However, that couldn't last forever. I heard the noise of hooves a week in.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You should probably hide," Freya told me.

The leader of the troops revealed himself to be a foreign man. Judging by his looks, most likely Fiore. He approached Jon with a weird grin.

"I'm Izou of Wild Hunt," he said.

"What are you looking for?" Jon responded.

"A pink harried girl about yay big, her name is Freya," he said.

"The bad man wants to take me away," Freya whispered.

I tried to focus on what Jon was saying while Freya kept pestering me.

"We don't have anyone named that here," he told Izou.

"Are you laughing at me, Jon Snow?" Izou responded.

"No, I wasn't," he responded.

"In fact, I hear this entire village laughing at me!" Izou snarled.

Even the enemy troops seemed somewhat scared.

"Troops advance!" he yelled.

Before I knew it, the town was under siege...