7. battle in the sky

╔═══════════════╗

𝐀𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐔𝐥𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧

╚═══════════════╝

Everyone stands in the Quinjet as they fly towards Sokovia. Mila places a com device in her ear. The air is stiff in the jet as they prepare for the flight. The unease is clear amongst the twins but Mila seems to be much more comfortable with them then she was with Ultron.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

Mila lands in a crowded city square. "Clear the city!" She shouts as she flies off through the air. "Mila!" she turns her head to see Stark, "He's in the church, I want you with me." She nods, following him.

Stark flies into the church with Mila on his trail. " Come to confess your sins?" "I don't know, how much time you got?" "More than you." Ultron moves behind them, alerting them of his position.

He has most definitely gotten bigger. "I swear he wasn't that big last time." Mila tells Tony. "Have you been juicing? A little Vibranium cocktail? You're looking, I don't wanna say, puffy..." "You're stalling to protect the people." Ultron states the obvious.

"Well, that is the mission. Did you forget?" "I've moved beyond your mission. I'm free." the Vibranium core he's placed beneath the floor erupts. Mila and Tony steady themselves. The floor is shaking in massive jolts. "What, you think you're the only one stalling?.... This is how you end, Tony. This is peace in my time."

Ultron's army of robots start attacking the city as everyone is evacuating.

"This is a lot more than I saw last time, I feel very under prepared." Tony chuckles at Mila's remark before flying off to help people.  Ultron reaches over and activates the Vibranium core, and the earth around Sokovia starts to crack. Mila steadies herself before lifting off into the sky.

"Shit, this is very bad. So very bad." Mila shakes her head, watching as the city lifts from the earth. She can hear the voice of Ultron float through the air.

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Mila lands back on the ground pushing the air above her while trying to pull the earth back to the ground. Hoping it will be enough to slow the rising down, to no avail. As she struggles she can here Tony in her ear. "Cap, you got incoming." "Incoming already came in. Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Mila chuckles, "You're pretty good at those pep talks Captain." Steve laughs over the coms. "She's funny, that's new." Clint replies.

Mila switches to stopping rubble from falling onto the civilians running from bots.

"Alright, we're all clear here!" Clint shouts. "We are not clear! We are very not clear!" "Need any help?" Mila asks over the comms as she throws a large chunk of rock at an incoming bot.