18. the snaps

╔═══════════════╗

𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐖𝐚𝐫/𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

╚═══════════════╝

"What'd you do?" Thor shouts angrily. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Thanos nearly seems to not notice Thor before he uses the Space Stone and teleports away, leaving Stormbreaker behind on Wakandan ground. Steve stumbles into the clearing, holding his left side. "Where'd he go? Thor... where'd he go?"

Bucky steps forward. "Steve?" Mila watches in horror as Bucky suddenly stumbles over, drops his gun and collapses into ashes. Mila stumbles over to Wanda only to see her fade away. "Wanda!" She reaches forward to grab her but notices that only one hand comes up, the other slowly turning to dust. She feels an emptiness in her body as she collapses to the ground, but she never touches it.

»»————- ★ ————-««

Mila felt herself come to moments later. The battle and Wanda the first thoughts in her brain. She feels herself falling slowly and she lands on the ground softly. She looked up to see Wanda fading into view. The dust! Mila is alert now. She stands and turns to see Bucky fading back into the world. "Bucky?" he seems shocked as he turns to Mila quickly. "Where did everyone go?" Mila watched as Sam steps out some bushes with T'Challa. What the hell is going on.

"T'Challa?" suddenly a gold light starts spinning in a circle before Mila. A man with a goatee steps out of what now appears to be a portal. He didn't give them time to ask questions. "My name is Doctor Strange. It's been five years since the battle and Thanos is back. They need our help." Mila shook her head slowly. What? "Gather your troops, I will be back in a few minutes." Mila turned to T'Challa. "Go, get the tribes." She ordered. T'Challa nodded running off into the forest towards the palace. "Bucky. Search the forest for anybody else. Meet me in the fields." Bucky nodded and began searching everywhere else.

Mila walked slowly to the fields. Wanda by her side, hand in hand. "Let's finish this." Wanda nodded. After a few moments Mila watched as the hills filled with tribes walking towards her. M'baku and T'Challa leading them. The same portal began to form in front of her and she watched a battle field come into view through the portal.

Sam flew up ahead of her, circling the Wakandan fields. She felt the ear piece in her ear crackle to life. Mila could hear chatter in her ear now. Then came Sam's voice. "Hey, Cap, you read me?.... Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?... On your left." The portal opened fully and they began to trickle through. Steve looks behind him to see the portal on his left side. Multiple figures step through first; Bucky, Mila, Wanda, Okoye, Shuri, and T'Challa, fully restored and ready to fight.

Steve and the revived Wakandans share a look when Sam zooms in from above in his Falcon armor. As he does, dozens more portals opening up all around the battlefield. Nearly every hero has magically been transported to the battlefield to face Thanos' hordes.

"AVENGERS!" Steve summons Mjolnir. "–assemble."

Thor makes a battle cry, as does T'Challa and the heroes charge. Thanos raises his sword towards them, commanding his army to charge as well. Then both sides collide.

Mila jumps into battle, fighting off the creatures from what felt like minutes before once again. She looks over to see Clint running with the gauntlet. "Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint shouts, "Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve replies, "No! We need to get them back where they came from."

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." The conversation confuses Mila so she tunes them out and continues fighting. Mila flies to Clint to see him surrounded. She swoops down close to him, "Clint! Give it to me." Clint gives the Gauntlet to Mila, and she flies towards Scott while fighting Thanos' army.

Eventually she is stopped by the double edged sword, boomeranged by Thanos. When it gets back to him, he charges Mila, but is stopped by Wanda, who is filled with anger for the loss of Vision. Mila is suddenly flung away aggressively by some unknown force,  the spider kid from years ago swoops in and offers his hand. "I got it!" Mila gives him the Gauntlet and he grabs it with his web shooters. The spaceship cannons appear and start to fire at the heroes. People among the field begin to make shields, stopping the rain of bullets.

Suddenly one of the cannons hit a dam. Water starts to flood into the battlefield. Pepper Potts is the first to notice. "Uh, is anyone else seeing this?" Doctor Strange looks at the broken dam and uses his magic to stop the water from flooding the battlefield. Meanwhile Mila watches as the canon turn to face something in the sky as all the cannons start shooting at it. "What the hell is this?" Sam asks through the comms.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., what are they firing at?" a female voice responds, "Something just entered the upper atmosphere." A bright light of thundering energy comes surging down as a woman flies through the ship, and it results in an explosion and the ship crash-landing in the lake.

Steve begins speaking through the comms. "Danvers, we need an assist here." Mila follows the Danvers woman to see her conversing with the spider-kid. "I don't know how you're going to get through that." The kid tells her. Wanda arrives, another warrior flying in on her Pegasus as she arrives. "Don't worry." Wanda states as Mila lands. "She's got help." Okoye finishes. Pepper lands next to Okoye, followed by more super powered women.

Thanos' army charges while the women help Danvers go through the Outriders, Sakaarans and Chitauri. Wanda and Mila destroy two leviathans. Danvers then starts flying towards Scott with the Gauntlet, flying past enemies and going through enemy blockades that are in her way with ease. Thanos, seeing this, starts running to Danvers, but is stopped by Pepper, Shuri and Mila, who blast him backwards. Thanos, after seeing Danvers fly past him, throws his double sword at the van, destroying it and whatever it was that Scott needed. It throws Danvers backwards and she loses her grip on the Gauntlet, which falls to the ground.

Mila continues fighting off the creatures raining fire on her when there is a sudden blinding flash of white.

Mila watches in surprise as all their enemies disappear similar to how she did not moments ago. Mila twists to see who made the final snap to see Rhodey fly to an injured Tony leaning on debris. Her heart drops.

Mila flies closer to him, landing beside Steve. She watches as the spider-kid is gently led aside to grieve. Pepper Potts sits in front of the fading Iron Man. Tony is barely able to move his head, but manages to look Pepper in the eyes. Pepper places her hand on Tony's Arc Reactor and Tony rests his hand on hers. Tony's arc reactor flickers off for good.

Pepper can no longer contain her grief and starts crying on his shoulder. Tony Stark, Iron Man, Earth's Best Defender, gone. Mila kneels in honour of Tony initiating the movement, everyone else begins to kneel with her. "Thank you Tony Stark." She whispers into the open air, a tear slipping from her eye.

»»————- ★ ————-««

(A/N)

Sooo... I cried while writing this. His death kills me.

[Word Count: 1292]